888 Racing Moving To Holden

Ras351

• Member For: 19y 11m 8d

I say see ya later! I will stick supporting the Ford teams because they represent what I support and that is the Ford logo! I think there is more to it than meets the eye, no way would Ford just let drivers and a full team run away, Ford can be a little slow but their not stupid, look at the cars we drive today! There are going to be some pretty pissed off Expensive Daewoo teams also who will now become shadows behind the 888 team and drivers.

Whincup is blowing the Expensive Daewoo love out of his arse because he is being promoted and paid to do so, I don't believe a word out of his mouth or Lowndes, this is business and there is no trust or belief just $$$.

If 888 have ditched the Ford logo what makes you think they won't do it to Expensive Daewoo if all goes pear shaped. If 888 don't win races for Expensive Daewoo as expected, I don't see the relationship going all that well plus any other Expensive Daewoo teams they assist. All the Expensive Daewoo supporters should be weary also particularly of Lowndes who bagged out Expensive Daewoo when he left and now hes returning very quietly, I know a few die hard Expensive Daewoo lovers who still hate him even if he has gone back.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 5m 16d

they should turn back the clock where u had the gt ho's n the group a's etc and if u went to buy one from a show room that's what they raced.

not really wincup or lowndes fault they drive for 888 n 888 choose what cars they want not the driver... but in the modern world money talks

I must say I havent watched the v8's at all this yr cos I dont like channel 7 coverage I rather see it go back to ten. only time I watch it is bathurst.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m

I must admit, I am a bit lost for words tonight.

Fords decision earlier this year didn't thrill us Ford fans.....

V8 Supercars like NASCAR have little relevance to the showroom cars we buy.

There are so many drivers across both camps that we admire for their skill and personality.

Who would deny Peter Brock the championship status that he earned....not me.

Garth Tander, never met him but hey, I like him....Ford buy him!!!!!

Said some months ago that Whincup wasn't a fan of mine and some members on this forum gave me a hard time. Still don't like him. He's like Kelly, something just isn't right.....

Bottom line, it's always about money...not saying it's necessary a wrong thing, but in such a passionate area, it's tuff to swallow. If I was offerred a bigger job with all the benefits that go with it, would I knock it back......would you???

I've bought tickets to the V8's at Homebush and can't wait to be part of that event, but it will be a weekend of mixed emotions.

There's more to this story than what has come out so far, and no doubt more will come to light over the comimg weeks, Sandown talk back will be feverish I expect, will record it for sure, just really down to be honest.

Don't see it as a positive move. Will contimue to support Lowndes in 2009, but yer, wind knocked out of my sails.

It's a bit like chevy emblems on Commodores, just isn't right.

Change happens,...now I'm sounding like a consultant....IT'S WRONG.

:censored::beerchug:

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 3m 4d

blah blah blah.

For all the tools that can't spell Vodafone. :censored:

It's VODAFONE..........not vodaphone. :beerchug:

morons..........

Stuff the ozzie series. I'm following Marcos in the U.S.

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 13d
For the first time I see some crystal clear logic here. Ford have ALL the cards in their hands now.

I'm hoping that they go back to a touring car series... might be a little more planning involved and a LOT more rules, but race real cars, not 5L cars overengineered race cars made to look like XR8's and SS's. Controversy would be rife, and the series would be alive again, Skaife and richards in a Skyline anyone (ooooh I'm a ford man, and I can't believe I said that on a ford site)

I agree.im over the v8 supercar series.lets see production car races bought back.and yeh Expensive Daewoo just bought a bathurst win

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 3m 4d
Expensive Daewoo just bought a bathurst win

cops ( stupid thing won't let me type pig s at the start of this) arse.

It aint over till they defect. And who says any of the other crumbledore drivers don't take out the competitive drivers on the mountain?

I hope you're speculating about next year? :thumbsup:

Edited by PHANTMXR6

• Member For: 16y 12d

Well, to be honest, I am disappointed, but have been following this for quite a while, so have been expecting it.

888 is undoubtedly one of the best teams out there at the moment, if not THE best..

Life goes on. I will still back my Fords through and through, and in a way I would like to see this backfire on the whole 888 racing crew.

In saying that though, Ford ditched them before they ditched Ford, so what did anyone expect?

Personally I think we are yet to see Courtney's potential, and don't forget Winterbottom.

Makes me think back to not too long ago where Russell Ingall was racing a ford, and won his first championship, and went back to holden, and now where is he??

Same old story...ford and Expensive Daewoo will alternate domination, maybe if 888 keep their act together it will be Holdens time to shine again...time will tell..

Edited by Raging

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 28d
Think ill be watching more NASCAR and F1 now ,the V8 supercars are a true circus.......

LMFAO!

F1 is the biggest circus of all, where it IS all about money!

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 16d
Glad someone said it....

There hasnt been a word from his mouth yet has there? :thumbsup:

29 July 2009

"Today Triple Eight announced that it has formed a new partnership with Holden, to race Commodores from the beginning of the 2010 season.

“This news comes after the recent confirmation that Vodafone, Jamie [Whincup] and I have all re-signed with Triple Eight until at least the end of 2012.

“Remaining with Triple Eight was always my key career priority for 2010 and beyond. They’re the best team in the business and there’s no-one else I’d rather be racing for.

“But it is a team decision to change brands and means that this will be the final year of my relationship with Ford, which dates back to 2001.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Ford driver and ambassador.

"On the track, we’ve achieved a lot of success together, with three-straight Bathurst wins and countless race and round victories. A championship has eluded us thus far, but we’ve been right in the thick of it in recent years and there is still a lot of racing to go in 2009.

“Away from the track, I’ve met and worked with a lot of great people from Ford and have been proud to represent the brand for nine years. I’ve also been fortunate enough to meet and receive fantastic support from many passionate Ford fans.

“Starting this weekend with the Norton 360 Challenge at Sandown, I’ll be looking to conclude the Ford chapter of my career on a strong note.

“We're chasing a fourth-consecutive Bathurst win and I plan to fight for the championship until the very end.”

Craig Lowndes

to me it doesnt sound like he is thrilled with the move, but he wants to stay with 888 and as a team they are moving to Expensive Daewoo so he has no real say