888 Racing Moving To Holden

Ras351

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 13d

When Ford pulled out their support Roland Daines hinted that they may have to look at other alternatives to Ford.

I hope it aint true guess we'll just to wait & see.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d
Does it really matter what badge is under the sponsorship paint anymore... :sleepystuff:

What Dags??? Sorry mate, but unlike you some of us actually do believe in brand loyalty!

At a minimum, Triple 8 will be preparing Holdens as customer cars with Paul Morris Racing on that list. They could continue to run the Vodafone FG's with Lowndes and Whincup, but it seems unlikely. They will also be taking on the FG customer cars of Paul Cruickshank Racing.

It looks like there will be 21 Holdens next year and 8 Fords.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 28d

The cars are all basically the same. I don't really care what 888 end up with.

Maybe FPR should master running 2 cars before trying with 4.

DJR don't have Ford backing either.

Anyone who thinks most drivers have brand loyalty doesn't really know much about the sport. Drivers change brands and teams every year. They just want a drive. They're not going to miss a drive just because it's not in the brand the public perceives them to support.

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d

I think you will find SBR does have Ford backing. Only SBR and FPR do. They also have a technical partnership between FPR and SBR.

DJR has no Ford money and are also rumoured to be apart of this change. They will either jump ship to Expensive Daewoo also, or Triple 8 will prepare FG's for them next year.

Most likely senario at the moment is Craig Lowndes will drive a 888 Ford and Whincup will drive a 888 Holden.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Funny thing about all of this....

I am going next Tuesday to meet with CL and JW and do some hot laps with team Vodafone :sleepystuff:

I will try to get a picture with the boys and the GT-E

Hopefully this rumour is not true and they will stick with Ford.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 9d
If it is true which im doubting, after all it did come from enews :) id say good riddance to that cheesy little bastard lowndes and that ungrateful sob whingecup.

SBR, DJR, and FPR are the Ford teams to get behind. Now watch all the ford 888 sheep return to sbr or fpr who they abandoned because another team was winning.

Firstly, it was ford that turned their back on these two... Lowndesy who got second in the championship only a couple of years ago, and Whincup who kicked ass last year, and is doing it again this year has managed to do it without ford backing... Its fords loss, and as for cry babies, what about all the factory backed ford racers who couldn't get their sh*t together. Ford turned it's back on 888 lat year and Whincup is sticking it right up fords racing asshole.

I'm hoping for a third manufacturer so I can stick with the 888 boys and stick a fig F**K You to ford racing in oz. I bleed blue blood when it comes to V8's but ford is making mine everything but at the moment.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

If it is true and 888 go to Holden, I think that next year will be the last year of v8SC as we know it

With GMH going bust and Ford not putting money into all the Ford teams, we will see the teams finding something new.

We are seeing it in F1 with all the restrictions, all the big teams are threatning to start a rebel F1 race.

I hope we see a move back to the multi maker group C classes of the early 80's.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 9d

On the mention of money... Whincup was paid $70000 as an apprentice racer for his first year... He kicked ass, and during the last interview I was sure they said he wan now the #1 paid racer in 888. Funny, FPR pay Frost and Richards more... no championship there!