888 Racing Moving To Holden

Ras351

• Member For: 16y 5m 19d

Just heard on the radio that Lowndes and Wincup are switching to Expensive Daewoo next year....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :spoton::crybaby::crybaby:

Ford have REALLY f*cked up this time...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d

Both drivers have signed up with 888 for next two years (confirmed last week) but nothing said about make of vehicle. I doubt Triple 8 would change when they have been so dominant with the Ford product.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d

They hinted at running one of each a few months back. I believe Lowndes is contracted to Ford though so that'll make things interesting.

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11d

Surely not ???

If they do run that "other" badge least they won't have to change the colours :spoton:

• Member For: 15y 3m 30d

Yeah I just heard that on the radio too, they said it's because of lowndes & whincups long dispute with Ford & they will be moving over to the Expensive Daewoo camp next year.....WTF.... Ford are F@cked to allow these two top drivers to walk away!

• Member For: 16y 5m 19d

For me I am just praying that it is only a rumor. Josh Dowling from the Herald is the one who wrote the story about it but I cant find it. The news said 888 are expected to make the announcement tomorrow. I hope they don't. f*ck Ford are retards if this happens.

• Member For: 18y 19d

I'll beleive it when 888 say it.

Both Lownds and Wincup have been pretty vocal about their misstreatment by Expensive Daewoo in the past, also, I've never heard of a sucessful team switching camps like that. Why would they risk loosing their momentum, by having to relearn everything again. Another thing against the rumour is that Expensive Daewoo too is pulling back V8 Supercar funding, why would they bring in another top level team.

I hope they don't switch, but if they do, Ford should give up altogether. It may just be a ploy to put pressure on Ford to trow some funding in.

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d

I dont like the way this is starting to pan out!!!

News on the street is 888 will run Lowndes and Whincup in a Expensive Daewoo as well as take over the running of HRT and prepare a car for Tander and Will Davison as well.

WOW!!! I never saw this coming. I wondered why Lowndes wasnt looking to renegotiate his personal Ford contract which expires at the end of this year. I thought he was chasing a Toyota deal.

Next bit of news to come out after this is FPR will be buying Tom Walkinshaw's level 1 license which runs Autobarn (Dumbrell) and Johnny Walker (David Reynolds) so they can run a 4 car operation. No more Tom Walkinshaw Racing???

• Member For: 15y 8m 9d

If it is true which im doubting, after all it did come from enews :) id say good riddance to that cheesy little bastard lowndes and that ungrateful sob whingecup.

SBR, DJR, and FPR are the Ford teams to get behind. Now watch all the ford 888 sheep return to sbr or fpr who they abandoned because another team was winning.