Proof Ford Has Lost It

tmac450

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 11m 20d

I bought a new FG ute in June and to my suprise the interest in them selling me a new car was limited. They took forever getting back to me and a coulple of dealers didn't email me quotes as promised. On dealer gave me a price on a page from her scribble book, wouldn't give it to me on a letter head fom the dealership. There were next to no cars to look at except a couple standard utes and FPV's(becausev the economic downturn they only keep limited stock and make to order most cars). They told me I would have to have it made(4 - 6weeks). After trying every ford dealer within an hour from my place (there were 11) one dealer had a XR6 Turbo auto(I was after a XR6 na manual), at least in the colour I was after. In the end I bought the Turbo auto about $400 cheaper than N/A manual(better discount because it was a march build).

I could not believe the experince buying a new ute would have been so hard.

I did check out the local Expensive Daewoo dealer. Quote emailed next day, car and colour available and $9000 discount. I just couldn't lower my standards enough and buy it.

WarrenK

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d

I think sometimes during a slow period (e.g. this 'economic downturn'), people who are still buying are expecting bargains (rightly so) and so business get swamped by people getting quotes.

I have noticed with my business (electrical contractor) people are sussing out if you are desperate do work for next to nothing.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 25d

I waited 3-4 months for by BA in 2003... Plenty of other people waited similar time frames.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 27d
I have noticed with my business (electrical contractor) people are sussing out if you are desperate do work for next to nothing.

sunzabitches! Hate the price shankers as we call them....very annoying at times.

On topic, I hope that the delays or failures to get back is because of high rate of enquiries...not just slack workers! Bit dismayed to read the opening post!

• Member For: 21y 8m 26d

Power Ford at Castle hill have a Demo FX6 mate on there lot at present.I think it has 17000km on it.They want about the same money as a new TT ghia.

Might be worth a drive up there there as just up the road from you mate.

Dont know what there service will be like as I parked my TT next to it for a look and nobody came over to see me at all for 10 minutes so I left.

• Member For: 18y 1m 17d
Tmac, buy a Holden...

All you do is whinge about Ford. :crybaby:

I raise the issues so Ford will lift their game. You on the other hand seem willing to accept substandard customer service, and are part of the reason why outfits like Ford think they can get away with it.

The issue is not so much the waiting time, it's their utter lack of care, or ability to even show him what the car comes with (they don't even have any non-turbo ghias).

As far as saying it's the same everywhere, bullsh*t, most brands will at least have something to show. This is not a brand new model.

In the end he's decided to go to another brand. They still have a wait for delivery, but their service was what should be given. Instead of trying to talk him out of buying the car, or just giving him a flat, "No, we don't have any." They searched for what was available, and offered a loan car until his car came in.

Thanks ASNU, I think they've sold than F6X already.