Nolathane Diff Bush Noise Fix?

Guest STEVE_BAXR

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

The other problem is that the diff housing is basically the mount to the body in commodores - where as the falcon has a sub frame...

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

Any one know if the new version of the Superpro diff bush for a BF is available yet? Is it part #SPF3232K?

that is the old bush part number

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 13d

If I were to solve (or substantially help) this problem (I really haven't looked into it much) I would consider doing a double bush set up. This would mean fabricating a diff hat that has two bolt points for the bushes and there seems to be room where you could fabricate a mount to weld on the diff cradle where you could put two bushes side by side. It may mean cutting the original bush mount on the diff cradle and repositioning it to the LHS a little so the second bush could be accomodated.

From those videos that were posted its clear that there is mainly up and down movement in the bush area and two bushes are possible.

Anyone with any thoughts on this.

I was just talking about the exact sort of solution with my cousin the other night. My words were "two or three bushes" but 2 would probably be ample :)

With my build well on the way, I've been thinking ahead and what/how I might tackle the rear part of the drive line. I would really like to stay with the IRS and never have to resort to a 9 inch conversion. For the money you'd spend on a 9 inch conversion, I reckon a 2 bush solution could be developed and we'd have an awesome alternative to the currect best-practice of reverting back to 1971.

If anyone is interested in persuing this, perhaps we could get a little team together and pool resources to tackle this proper. Unless it's already being done?

• Member For: 15y 3m 13d

Hay guys, I am having a fair few issues with my Ba xr6 T, the old bush F*d out so we replaced it with the fulcrum one, then few days the diff started knocking again so we had a look to find out the bolt was loose, tightened up again and away I went, drove around for a couple more days and the diff knok was back again, took her off the road pulled the whole rear assembly out to replace the front two bush's aswell, and we also found that the thread was F**d in the diff for the centre bush, soooooo we put in a new thread using a Helicoil kit and also got a stronger 12.9 grade alan head bolt, put it all back together, drove it for a day and from what I can hear there is definately a noise coming from the diff again, not sure exactly what but sounds like how it started off the first time, we are going to check the bolt tomorrow and check it all over see if its all good, the helicoils seem to go in and work out perfectly soo it either just is f*cked orr I was thinkng maybe its just the noise these bush's make but as steve posted I to also have the FULCRUM version and he said it has not made a single noise sooo yeh, anyy ideas on what to do if the helicoils just arent strong enough????

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Maybe look at your diff centre, they are known to have a heap of play from the factory and the rubber bush just hides alot of noise. We fitted the super-pro bushes to my car and it made it vedry evident my diff is no longer happy... :msm:

• Member For: 15y 3m 13d

Really so what did you do about the noise??? Didnt get the chance to check the bolts n stuff today but going to get on to it asap! My biggest worry is if I have to replace my diff as it is a malwoods upgraded diff with lots of $$ spent on it!!!