Nolathane Diff Bush Noise Fix?

Guest STEVE_BAXR

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

It still drives, so I'm just going to keep giving it hell. I have my eye on another centre that should fix it. Just couldn't be biggered pulling the cradle out right now! :buttrock:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

I replaced my standard bush as I had some rear end noise....fitted the superpro bush and replaced the other bushes while I was there and I still have rear end noise...creaks and clunks etc. I'm with Senna...I'm just ignoring it until it breaks as I can't be bothered atm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d

Steve - Nice job, but I was wondering about taking this even further with the baffling you mentioned in the first post. Some exapndable foam within the chassis blocks would certainly help, but would it trap moisture and cause rust? Also, I will be creating some sort of rubber bush to go between the chassis mount bolt and the diff cradle to further reduce noise.

I am really keen to add foan wherever possible, is there a certain brand/type that works best? Rust is my only concern... any ideas?

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

It should not trap moisture but you could rust prof it 1st then put the foam in so that the foam traps the oil. The chassis mount bolt from the diff to the car that is F++ked why they did that ? and no bush ?.

Today I will be having a look at the bush to see how it is holding up ..

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

The news is good I have done about 10,000km with the new bush in, and new bush is all good no crack's and it still move's the same when loaded up. :spoton:

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d

Steve - Was thinking of filling the hollow mounting blocks with SikaFlex227 for vibration absorbtion. Also, Rubber pad between bolt and frame, and also vibration deadening on the entire crossmember, support bracket (the one with that stupid bolt) and accross the entire rear diff cradle. If I can stop the vibration at the source, it will mean less noise transferred. Therefore less noise to dampen in the cabin.

What do you reckon? Any underbody products you recommend?