Flash Tuner Boost

anthb86

• Member For: 15y 8m 9d

Hi guys. Got an X3 capa tuner yesterday and tuned the bf xt6 to capa's 10psi tune. Very happy with the performance but concerned when I saw the boost gauge sitting on 13psi (doesn't spike and drop back but holds the 13psi). The car has only had a f6 snorkel and k&n filter added. Any ideas what could be causing this? What negative effects to the car could arise if I left it running 3psi over the tune??

Thanks,

• Member For: 17y 6m 19d

flash it back to stock and then search the forums for "generic tune" or similar and read all the horror stories of people blowing engines due to running generic tunes.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 29d

I had the same issue with my car back when I first put a capa 10psi tune in my car.

boost would spike at 14.5psi and taper off to around 12 psi.

its a bit in depth on why your car is running that amount of boost on a tune that is meant to be running 10psi.

but in laymans terms, a generic tune is meant to suit a whole range of cars, not just your particular car.

if it is running that amount of boost I would be getting your car onto a dyno asap to check up on your afr's!!!

because with that amount of boost on a generic tune I dare say that your injectors would be maxxing out and causing your car to run lean under full load, which is rather dangerous for your engine.

if you want, I can post up the dyno sheet showing the results of my car running a capa 10psi generic tune to show you what I mean.

Edited by The_Bogan

• Member For: 15y 8m 9d

De-tuned and taking it to AVO friday and let them check it all out. if you could put up the dyno sheets that would be sweet.

Cheers

• Member For: 15y 3m 16d
Hi guys. Got an X3 capa tuner yesterday and tuned the bf xt6 to capa's 10psi tune. Very happy with the performance but concerned when I saw the boost gauge sitting on 13psi (doesn't spike and drop back but holds the 13psi). The car has only had a f6 snorkel and k&n filter added. Any ideas what could be causing this? What negative effects to the car could arise if I left it running 3psi over the tune??

Thanks,

Imagine all the poor buggers that this is happening to, but they don't have a boost gauge to warn them. Just one of many reasons to be wary of generic tunes.....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 29d

heres the dyno sheet of my car showing the afr's.

you can see the result of running the higher boost on standard injectors with the afr.

100_0453.jpg