Typhoon Air Box

• Banned
  • Member For: 16y 8m 1d

hey guys, I had a nizpro cooler put in a few weeks back, and in the process the boys in the shop remover the upper snorkel off the typhoon air box I have, as the cooler pipping is now in the way an dosnt allow any room for it.

So now I have a hole were the snorkel used to attach to the air box, which is now just a hole and sucking hot air from the engine.

my question/ queery is.... has any one done any thing about it ie, blocked it up and if so did you feel any responsiveness from it, or any gains/losses???

let me know how you went, and if you could add some pic that would great. thanks regards adrian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

I dont think the air in front of the air box would be that hot or bad.

I dont even run the f6 snorkle on mine just run the cutout in the front with a lil alloy deflector I made on the left side (engine side of the box) to guard it.

reason was I got told by my mate who works for ford that the f6 snorkle sits to close to the light and does not get the best flow and f6 owers were taking it out and running just the hole . seams to work for me and saved me going and buying a snorkle.

• Member For: 16y 5m 12d

Im in the same situation lost my top snorkle when I upgraded my intercooler and I just cut a hole for the typhoon snorkle but never bought a snorkle. I have been wondering the same thing if there was any point getting the F6 snorkle and covering the old hole for the top snorkle? Looks like redbackalarms has a great setup.

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 3m 12d

I can't take credit for the photo. Someone was selling this setup on ebay so I saved the picture should I ever want to make one. I ended up finding an APS intake so I never got around to this. It does look like a simple mod using only a sheet of say 3mm alloy cut to size and riveted to the box. Keeps the hot air out and feeds from behind the headlight. Seems like a $20 job.

Edited by Adam

• Member For: 17y 3m

I was thinking about running some 4" flexi hose I have made for auto/cooling/ducting and running it from the opening downward and attach it to the rear edge of the bumper wind tray thingie - maybee put some mesh over the end of the hose to stop it picking up leaves etc.

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 1d

If anyone wants to do this and keep there original one I have 2 available for a small price.

Cheers

• Force Fed Fords
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d
If anyone wants to do this and keep there original one I have 2 available for a small price.

Cheers

Do u have photos we can see?