King's Sl Fg Ride Height?

notol

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Hey guys,

Over the weekend I have installed Kings SSL (KFRL-68SSL) rear springs to my FG. This lowered the rear around 20mm or so which I'm happy with.

I now want to lower the front a bit - maybe 15mm or so - and I'm wondering what springs to get. I've looked at plenty of posts on the forums about people going with the SL fronts as the SSL were to low. However, when talking to the local Kings Dealer he told me that the FG already has SL front springs and I would need to go to SSL (KFFL-40SSL) for it to drop any?! :sus:

Has anyone around installed the SSL fronts for the FG and what ride height (eyebrow height) has been obtained?

If you have SL fronts what height was attained and what is the part number?

I've got the King Springs catalogue here but don't see a listing for any SL springs. Any advice or experience with this would be greatly appreciated as I'm looking at hopefully having these organized by the end of the week.

Cheers

Cam

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members

So I've contacted king springs again today and the guy said that the only SL springs he thinks that everyone could be using are the ones recommended for the XR8 (KFFL-40SL). They don't seem to think that they would actually lower the car though, so I really have no idea...

• Red F6310
  • Member For: 19y 2m 9d
  • Location: A small country town on the Murray River South Australia
Hey guys,

Over the weekend I have installed Kings SSL (KFRL-68SSL) rear springs to my FG. This lowered the rear around 20mm or so which I'm happy with.

I now want to lower the front a bit - maybe 15mm or so - and I'm wondering what springs to get. I've looked at plenty of posts on the forums about people going with the SL fronts as the SSL were to low. However, when talking to the local Kings Dealer he told me that the FG already has SL front springs and I would need to go to SSL (KFFL-40SSL) for it to drop any?! :blink:

Has anyone around installed the SSL fronts for the FG and what ride height (eyebrow height) has been obtained?

If you have SL fronts what height was attained and what is the part number?

I've got the King Springs catalogue here but don't see a listing for any SL springs. Any advice or experience with this would be greatly appreciated as I'm looking at hopefully having these organized by the end of the week.

Cheers

Cam

Hey Mate, ive got the KFFL-40SSL front and KFRL-68SSL rear in my G6ET and its lowered it to 355mm rear and 350mm front (centre of rim to guard lip), have had the springs in since just after easter and have now done 7000kms on them so they have settled.

Edited by Smackers XR6T

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
Hey Mate, ive got the KFFL-40SSL front and KFRL-68SSL rear in my G6ET and its lowered it to 355mm rear and 350mm front (centre of rim to guard lip), have had the springs in since just after easter and have now done 7000kms on them so they have settled.

Cheers mate, appreciate the reply. I'll go measure the thing up tomorrow and see what I think.

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
mate just get coil overs

yea, I'm looking into them today - Priced Tien Coilovers a few weeks back but they were close to 3k. Going to price Pedders and see what they can do.

But anywho, I see you were busy in the early hours of the morning posting huh?! lol

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members

Just got a price on Pedders Adjustable Coilovers for the FG from Cairns

Part #: 160034 Extreme XA = $1950 + $410 fitted and aligned

• Member For: 15y 10m 5d

Hey mate I had the king KFFL-40SL put in the front of my fg turbo ute a week ago. it dropped it 15mm. which is not as much as I expected... but I think it was enough to make a difference, and with the back lowered 35mm it now sit perfectly level. And the springs might still sag a bit more yet... If you were purely going for looks I would put in the ssl. but for looks/practicallity I think the sl is a good height. I have already dragged the front bar over a normal curb before the thing was lowered at all! hope this helps.... btw I will be posting some before and after pics on the weekend after I wash it..

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
Hey mate I had the king KFFL-40SL put in the front of my fg turbo ute a week ago. it dropped it 15mm. which is not as much as I expected... but I think it was enough to make a difference, and with the back lowered 35mm it now sit perfectly level. And the springs might still sag a bit more yet... If you were purely going for looks I would put in the ssl. but for looks/practicallity I think the sl is a good height. I have already dragged the front bar over a normal curb before the thing was lowered at all! hope this helps.... btw I will be posting some before and after pics on the weekend after I wash it..

Cool mate, thanks for the info. I've already ordered a pair of SSL Fronts so I hope it doesn't go too low. Smackers said that his G6E dropped to 350mm wheel center to guard, which means it should drop mine about 18mm.

The ute has the same front recommendation as the sedan for lowering and they are adamant (as much as I've explained about people getting the SL fronts to them) that to lower it anything, I will have to go with the SSL. With that said I've told them that they will be coming back if the thing drops way more and he reluctantly agreed. Bit of mucking around if that's the case but sh!t happens I guess...

Post them pics up for sure when you get them, I'll do the same once I'm happy with the height.

Cheers

Notol

Edited by notol