Ba Mk2 T Clunking When Backing Off.. Maybe Gettin Worse

pezzaxr6t

• Member For: 15y 6m 29d

OK.. so ive gota a ba mk2 T with a 6 speed and there is various noises coming from the rear off the car.

ford saying its normal......but I think there full of sh*t. neways wen im in any gear at low revs put my foot down and back off the drive line knocks back and forth a couple times , feels like the diff is very sloppy. and just today I was at a give way criuzed off let the clutch out a little bit too quick and... f@kin bang!! first time ive ever heard such a noise... bloody shat myself I thought some one hit me haha. also car has 37ks on it, and its been lowered nothing much else done

Edited by Dagabond

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 21d

Shagged rear diff bush and the usual driveline shunt in the T56 equipped cars. Get the rear bush replaced with either a genuine or Super Pro bush, should reduce it a bit.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 21d

The loud bang may have been axle tramp, when the tyres lose traction and the wheel hops up and off the ground then smacks back down - generally pretty loud.

The rear bush can be done for aroun $600 I think, it all depends on where you go and what part you use I spose. Speak to the guys at for and then a reputable suspension place that has done them before, fairly common thing in these cars

:spit:

hmmm.. so I just had the car on the hoist at a very good suspension mob in WA they checked out the diff bushes and apart from some very very minor wear they seem to be fine. mite just have 2 drive it untill sumthing breaks!! :stickpoke:

• Member For: 15y 8m 20d

I have the same problem with my bf2 XR6T...6spd Auto, got it checked out and the diff bush was ok but rear right diff bush/hanger thingy is f*cked..........plus left front engine mount has excessive play.......don't know what that is from :) but its under factory warranty so the monleys can fix it.

Get them to check the left and right sides of diff as well, not always diff bush

yeah I got all 3 bushes checked they wernt that bad. its abit of guess work though because if I change those bushes it could still make it a whole lot betta.. who knows. but its not a priority at the moment I guess if it gets worse then ill look into it more.