Possible Faulty Traction Control... Neeeed Help

Daneo 330

• Member For: 15y 3m 13d

Hi guys, I have a 04' Ba Xr6T that I have just recently purchased from Mt isa, anyways I somehow get the feeling its not running properly, I recently put it on the Dyno for a quick check and to see what its putting out, got 300kw at the wheels @ 15psi, with that in mind, I think there may be something wrong with my Traction control system, as sometimes u have to hit the button 3 times to turn it on or off, and sometimes it will turn on or off in just the one hit, altho, if I manage to get the light off and dump it in 1st it will spin, but if I drive in 1st then pin it and dump it into 2nd all I get is a little chirp... which to me does not seem right at alllll with that amount of power I should be spinning alot more!!!!

Below is a short list of some of the mods I was told by the person I bought it off

60 lb injectors

.drift blow off valve

.capa intercooler

.tune by K & N motors ( modified capa tune )

.gearbox built by mal woods

.6 speed (straight cut gears )

.option 6 pressure plate

.o.s geiken cluctch

.3.73 ratio diff gears

.upgraded diff and axles and splines

.modified cat

. rear muffler upgrade

Can anyone at all shed some light on my little problemo!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 29d

if the light is off then that means that the traction control is working and that's why you cant fry first to second.

does the light flash when you change first to second?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

What sort of tyres and suspension are you running? The driveline sounds like a drift car...

From my experience in these cars, you have to dump the clutch high in the rev range to get 2nd to spin if you are already moving

Oh sh*t my bad I meant if I manage to get the light "ON' as you normal would if the traction control was turned off.....

its got Roadstone N7000 235/40/R18, and as far as suspension honestly no idea, doesnt seem to be lower then normal or not excessively lowered, Tried looking for a brand on suspension but yeh couldnt see anything unless there is a particular place I should be looking

And in terms of dumping at high revs yeh that's exactly what I am doing

Edited by Daneo 330

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

I reckon you may not have 300rwkws mate...

15psi may be a little high for that figure too, where abouts are you located? can you take the car to a forum sponsor to get checked out? You'd find changing a few thing on the intake and exhaust side of things will bring that power figure up with the same boost. Then its 2nd gear skids all day (on a private road of course)...

Def has 300 rwkw was there to watch it at the time on the dyno, I am located in TOWNSVILLE, so dont know who is nearbye,

Also at the time of dyno got car checked over, and clutch and etc seem to be fine, and it def doesnt feel like the clutch is slipping, which I thought may be the case but had a workmate take it for a strap and also said its fine.

Not sure on when the flash tune was done so cant really answer that...

• Member For: 16y 4m 1d

where in townsville did you get it dynoed?

most workshops up here have a pretty poor name and at least 1 of the dynos seems to read really high (300rwkw with just an exhaust) so you may not really be making the power your dyno sheet says :(