Best Anti-ford Comebacks

GreyXR6_Turbo

• Member For: 17y 8m 12d

Hey Dags, dont you know what the differance is between a oval and a circle.

Expensive Daewoo Circled the problem not ovaled it.

And I have never heard Ford to pronounce they are the ALL Australian car, that's something holden

has done many times.

Maybe Iam a little ignorant to the brand due to the fact I have owned all fords but except 3 VW Baja Bugs

1 Street VW Beetle, 1 VF Valliant, and wait, dont tell anyone 1 HX Expensive Daewoo PV.

Had a few problems with the VW's as was over reving them for what the cranks could handle.

The Valiant didn't hid the road but never a problem when I used it to paddock bash.

The Expensive Daewoo well, it would have been the worst, first day the clutch died on the Hwy mind you

in 2 weeks the legendary Banjo diff (BANGO) shattered, must of been all that power the 202 put out

NOT, it would only do 160kph, even my Dub's where all faster, it was heavy on Fuel, the plastic timing gears

stripped. had it for approx 6mths and swore never to ever buy another GMH problem.

It did have its good points being a van though.

I have had few problems with my Fords over the years (19years) they have all performed well.

Plenty of laughts at friends GM/GMH products with them trying to compete with me but always

having problems and couldn't get near my cars even though mine had always been budget builds

that I did all the work on myself bar the machining and some of theres where big dollar best of everything builds.

Eg one of them owned a HQ Bathurst Monaro, 8 grand worth of 350 chev (Back in early 90's) had Bow Tie Heads

manifold, 750dp, Large Solid Crane cam, Forged pistons, Large tuned headers, Turbo 400 with 3500 rpm stall, MSD ignition.

9",He kept having box problems among others.

Had nothing on my xD that ran 351c, toploader, 9", ACL Hyp pistons, 2v open chamber heads with porting by self running

SS 4v valves Crane Dual springs moly retainers, Std 4 barrel Square bore manifold with lots of porting by self, Hyd Crane Cam,

Hurricane 4 into 1 headers, accell coil, halifex mod to distributor, etc eta.

4 years of hard life and 2 Center force clutchs, and finally a spun bearing.

Probs with fords over the years I have felt to be poor engineering are

E series, manual pedal assembly (Clutch pedal breaks off at approx 200 000k's)

Head Gaskets blow around same K's

Cable Clutch

B Series The fiter mesh in the Turbo Oil feed line XR6T (It Ford serviced them it would be fine)

Standard Front Disks shudder

The crappy Drink holder lid catch

The plastic T5 gearbox

The Hi Pressure Powersteer line

NB4C sorry didn't mean to stereotype, you must get heaps from your family and friends driving a Ford.

For everyone bagging out a Ford, why compare them to euro crap that cost alot more.

Sure if Ford or GMh was to build them to same costs they would be every bit as good if not

better. Ford, GMH, Toyota, Nissan all aim at the Australian market, Toyota takes one step further

offering its Lexus badged cars.

Here is some abbrev's

HSV = Heaps Shi**y Vehicles

HSV = Heaps Slow Vehicles

HSV = Herpe Spreading Vehicle

HRT = Hemroid Replacement Team(Tool)

Holden = Heaps of Large Dents Engine Noises

Torana = Tons of Rust And No Accelleration

GMH = Garranteed Mechanical Heaps

You know those piss on stickers, had a funny one once where this guy in a v8 LH torana

had a P on Ford sticker on his back window, any way he tried it on(till speed limit) then next set of lights

I looked over laughing my head off and said P On Ford ha ha, was not impressed looked

like he was nearly crying.

that's what gave me the idea to put Bye bye on my rear boot lid.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 14d

Does anyone know why early holdens used those nylon timing gears? I have thought about it a few times but cant really understand! One would think it wold be better to use bakelite or even just plain old hardened steel?

When I owned my XF ghia still, I walked into a local rare spares business in Wagga and was looking for pinstripes (red and metallic grey ones). I looked around the shop and had engine oil, diff oil, and some other ATF fluid, basically I was doing a full service. I then was approached by a salesman and I told him what I wanted (pinstripe kit for an xf). He literally laughed at me! :stupid: 'we dont have any of XF stuff because they were ****y cars and nobody wants to do them up anyway because everything broke on them' I told him them that it had 300000 original km's and never blew a head gasket! :bye: he then said 'if it was an old Expensive Daewoo no worries we would stock them because they are more popular and people want to do them up because they are an 'Australian car' :blink: Nothing could beat the feeling of saying 'no worries looks like you can't help me then, dropping all the oil and other gear on the floor where I was standing and walking out!

Typical gmh fool, doesnt know anythink, just a waste of space.

You could of argued about his views all day but it would have been a total

waste of your valueable time after all he is a airhead.

Should have asked him for the plastic (Yes they where bakerlite) timing gears

as your other car has broken 30 sets within the last 2 days, a new conrod & piston

for number 5 cylinder on your 202, a Bango diff, munchie gearbox,

or if he could supply a new powersteer line for your burnt out VE.

The only reason he stocked gmh parts and not Ford parts was because you

always need replacement parts for them, not so much for Fords.

Hence why majority of Taxi's have been Ford (Reliable high mileage not plastic try to be's).

I meet so many people that just buy a car because of its colour or it had nice chrome

hub caps on it, they never research the car or make to find out what it is they are

buying.

• Member For: 16y 14d

I remember 2 years ago my brother inlaw was looking to buy a farm ute, and being a Expensive Daewoo fan went straight out and bought a new rodeo without even test driving! I think he regretted it 2 years later when the thing had 60k km's on it and would even go into 4wd mode for 20minutes of driving and sounds like the mechanics forgot to put on the tappet cover when they had the engine out to change the rear main oil seal the engine was that noisy!.

Although same thing can be said for couriers I suppose... lol (heads, gearboxes radiators all failing).

Most people who go out and buy toyotas just dont care about cars like we do and just want a reliable a to b car (fair enough!). There are many people I know that do out and buy a Late model camira because they think 'everyone else has one, they must be good then!' yet dont even know the difference between a tapered roller bearing or a single row ball bearing, axial or radial loading, or OHV and OHC engines, or even the difference between a straight six and a v6, yet claim that 'a v6 makes more power than a straight six!' :rolleyes:

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d
NB4C sorry didn't mean to stereotype, you must get heaps from your family and friends driving a Ford.

For everyone bagging out a Ford, why compare them to euro crap that cost alot more.

Sure if Ford or GMh was to build them to same costs they would be every bit as good if not

better. Ford, GMH, Toyota, Nissan all aim at the Australian market, Toyota takes one step further

offering its Lexus badged cars.

We're cool 01txr, I'd be lying if I said most Asians don't drive Toyotas or Hondas. The philosophy is that affordability comes before driving experience. But people like me want something more exciting.

As for Euro cars, you'll be surprised how cheap some of them are before tariffs and LCT.

Take the BMW 335i for instance:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=117669

$USD50K ($AUD63K) in the USA vs $110K in Oz. Same story for Mercedes, VW and Audi. Beemers are not that costly to manufacture, it's just that the govt puts up these taxes to protect the local car market and jobs. For $AUD63K, a decent Beemer sh1ts all over the similarly priced Expensive Daewoo Statesman.

Some of Australia's Ford and GMH cars are fairly decent, but they need to become more competitive. Not just in price, but also reliability, customer service and weight (for fuel economy). I wouldn't mind if they made the Falcon/Late model camira 200mm shorter (100 out of the cabin, 100 out of the boot) and 100mm narrower - make the seats thinner and you've got your leg room back. That could probably shave off 100kg and some cost.

The Falcon and commondoor are built at size due to the average size family

average size person.

If ford or gmh ditched these cars there would be a big void left in the market.

For instance I have 4 children with the eldest being 18yo so she doesnt join the family

but what I'm referring to is if I bought a aurion my kids would be figthing because of having

to sit so close to each other.

The other factor is I have been into high performance cars before I was even conceived,

would prefer to die than drive a bus, 4wd dont do it for me either as costly to maintain and run.

Had thought of a v8 toyota cruiser once in my life, lucky I didn't.

The other thing is I hate front wheel drive cars for handling as well working on, so if I had to buy

a asian car it would be either a STI or a EVO, maybe a GTR.

my last factor is have you ever seen a small to large asian car have a collision with a

large aussie car, I know which I prefer to be in.

However if Ford decided to build a TC-TD Cortina Sized 4.0l Turbo 6 with all wheel drive,

I would jump at it. it would be great losing a few hundred kilo's.

I would put up with the whinging from the kids if that happened.

I used to love my 351w (5.8l) V8 cortina I had, 3.7 gears mild engine running straight lpg

I could put 2 car lengths on wrx's front off the line and keep it all the way.

It was cheap to run, cheap to fix, only got rid of it as the chassis was twisting, should

have put a rollcage in it from the begining of the build.

Everyday DOT approved drive car.

NB4C ment to also add, yes there is some euro cars that are competitive on price

but really they have nothing on the package of our XR's and FPV's performance.

The euro cars that are as fast or faster are alot more exspensive than our cars.

Love the look on the 5 series guys when you pass them making them look slow.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 14d

My brother has a VZ Maloo, 6 speed manual, with 270rwkw

He thought that he'd easily bust my 305rwkw XR6T, always argue over it etc etc.. He got that cocky one day I was about to stab him with a fork, anyway.

Came over one day and he asked if I could take my car for a spin, I said he's dreaming he says why I'm like because you dont know how to control a powerful car buddy

Anyway I went and warmed it up for him and we went for a drive, he asked why I'm coming and I said so I can drive it home because you'll be too scared to, he laughed.

Anyway going down the road in manual mode, gives it abit over half throttle and he was like JESUS THIS THING FEELS QUICKER THEN THE MALOO ALREADY! :beerchug:

Turns down another road, boots it, sideways, backs off boots it again more sideways, holds it till it grips and off she goes.

Then his words were this car is ridiculous, I go why is that? He's reply, its too quick!

He then calles me later on that night and says man I jumped in the maloo to drive home and it felt like I was driving a barina, my repsonse, buy a Ford.

the end. :)