Stolen Phoon Ii

turbovich

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 19d

Mate, these things happen and not everyone who has rolled a car was being a hoon.

My brother had a VN back in the early 90's. Was driving along a country road, round a bend, the rear caught some gravel sending the rear end to the left, hitting a small post, causing the car to roll several times down an embankment - He wasn't being a hoon at the time, just didn't see the gravel.

My mate (who is also on this forum) did something a little sillier. Had his Silhouette XR6T for a week. Decided to look for his iPod while driving. Eyes off the road, eyes back on the road... oops, heading towards the grass in the middle of the M4 at 110km/h, jolt & swerve of the steering wheel... and down the embankment 6 times he goes.

See the pic below:

post-32823-1246710446_thumb.jpg

Edited by John_K

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 19d

So what happened? Vich?

You said something about a phone and the glove box, but then you say you can't remember?

Could you have fallen into a micro-sleep at the wheel?

• Lost Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 19d

It was on Morley Drive, he was heading east, from Tonkin. I was heading west, I was at the lights at Beechboro and saw head lights sort of twisting off the road then nothing. When I got closer, there was just a cloud of dust, you could only just make out the shape of a car, it was dark. I couldn't turn there as it was close to Tonkin. It's surprisingly busy intersection at 5:30am. Thought I would see if everyone was ok, so after the lights found somewhere to turn around. There were plenty of others around, but no one stopped. By the time I got back thru the lights, the cops and towie were already there and an ambulance coming. Cops must have been close by already. Nothing I could do, leave it to the experts. Car was on the verge upside down on the other side of a pile of dirt (landfill maybe). Sorry for your loss mate, hope you are ok.