Policemans Thoughts On Fg Xr6t

Ego T

• Member For: 16y 1m 13d

I asked an unmarked car highway patrol guy about the bf when I was looking for one, he gave it a pretty good rap and even said he'd consider buying an ex cop bf but it needed to be cheaper than your average one,

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 11d

I am yet to sample the FG XR6T, but if it is equal to, or better than the BF, then it certainly is a great rig.

The Late model camira is sorely let down by the POS auto gearbox, but does get the power down okay. It is when you are in the midst of a high speed sweeper, that the Late model camira gearbox really lets you down.

cheers,

Macca

• Member For: 15y 4m 13d

The traditionalists still all prefer the SS, though based upon naievetivity. Though the FG is a very good car, there chosen preference remains the SS.

No their chosen preference was the Fg as stated in my original post.

• Member For: 16y 4m 25d
Well my FG turbo and others that ive driven around the track have got nowhere near 90 degrees sideways before its cut in and besides ESP/DSC is not there to make up for crap drivers.

Go drive a base model FG (and VE) and you will find that the stability control cuts in much earlier than the "performance" models.

Ive done over 10yrs in R&D in the vehicle industry and have had the chance to drive/test many different makes (Holden, ford, toyota and the now defunct mitsubishi) in all sorts of road/weather conditions.

I have tracked the FG too - have you tried it in the wet? Like I said - you may as well have DSC off as it struggles to catch the car in the wet.

Anyway, you guys are not really open minded here. I have owned both cars and know the pros and cons of both. The FG is the better car - but not in all respects. Stability control is definately one area where the VE is far more sorted.

Edited by rprodrive

• Member For: 16y 4m 25d
*Brakes on the SS are pathetic.

*Very wide turning cirlce compared to FG which is much more nible and manoureable.

*Great stability at high speed. Far superior to FG.

*Gearbox ordinary and holds way too long. Takes a week to change gears soemtimes, though I think that's more attibuted to the electronics of it all.

*They both drink the same, regardles of cylindars.

*Could they make the SS A pillar any fatter???

I.B.

I did not find much difference in the brakes. I wouldn't say the FG is more nimble either - again fairly similar.

The FG definately drinks less than the VE SS! That was my experience

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 15d

Don't disagree with you in some regards. The SS NA v8 will always deliver progessive power, so much easier to get down.

That's why turbo's with the power coming in hard will always be a handful to control.Once traction is gained they come into there

own, that's for sure. I have driven a multitude of GMH and Ford V8s as well.

In the wet forget it. The V8 will win stock V stock, but anyone who races in the wet is a f*cktard in any case

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 11m
I have tracked the FG too - have you tried it in the wet? Like I said - you may as well have DSC off as it struggles to catch the car in the wet.

Anyway, you guys are not really open minded here. I have owned both cars and know the pros and cons of both. The FG is the better car - but not in all respects. Stability control is definately one area where the VE is far more sorted.

There is a big difference between struggling to keep up and allowing flexibility. I have found the FG to allow a safe level of non involvement. When pulling across an intersection in the Expensive Daewoo if I got some wheelspin I was left sitting there 'dead'. I don't find the FG dangerous an have driven in the wet lots. I'm pretty open minded as I'm (was?) a Expensive Daewoo person through and through... til the turbo.