Fg Lowering

Darcy

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d
ha ha nah he was alright about it he said I shouldn't have tried to stop...

Uh oh...dead man walking... :3gears:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Member For: 13y 4m 11d

Do they still have this problem with lowering?

My FG XR6T ute is still under warranty and if I break one of these pinions will they really go bang void warranty as soon as they see aftermarket springs? Is the car at least drivable with the CV blown out like that to get it raised again?

Cheers,

Chev.

• Member For: 19y 10m 8d

I'm pretty keen to learn more about this. I bought my FG Turbo ute last week and have been scouring the net for more information relating to it.

From what I've read on this forum and others, it seems to be a common issue, but I've seen plenty of tradesman lugging tools and supplies around in turbo's, XR8's and the regular poverty-pack models. So I wonder if it only affects those utes punching out more than standard amounts of power, or those that are driven really hard or only those fitted with the 6 speed ZF. Surely driving around with a decent load in the tray, would be akin to having it lowered?...

I have read that Ford were looking at making some running changes to the tail shafts in the later build utes, but cannot find anything to confirm.

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 24d

yer we really need more info on the cv issue side of things.

I also think I heard/read something about 1 and 2 peice tail shafts or something. that one was better than ther other when it came to lowering. bloody cant find where I read it. I think this was the runnig change ford made in production but not sure.

• Member For: 19y 10m 8d

Yes more info needed. My ute was built in August 2011 so if they made running changes I would expect it to have them... I'll run out with a torch and see if it's one or two piece...

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 24d

mines late 09 but I dont know when the change was made if any? im seriously only going off on my pretty crappy memory. I dont know what to look for in that area. :dontknow:

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 4m 11d

recently lowered my FG

reset rear leafs and SSLs in front, they can reset leafs to any height apparently.. im wanting to put blocks in to go a little lower because it still looks a bit high.

I completely agree with whoever said the FG ute does bottom out though, im on 19s and with my front height I still hear something bottom out on big bumps or some speed bumps.. I wouldnt go lower than this on the front, on the rear though I am really wanting more information about tailshaft and warranty etc before dropping blocks in.

can get more pics for anyone interested

317516_10150291505021996_551466995_8312804_1046898777_n.jpg

Edited by chevZ