Fg Lowering

Darcy

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Bah, forgot you were starting in the new suspension place senna...just finished putting king's SSL under mine, should have waited... :Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 16d
I have SSL on the front of mine and once settled it lowers about 40mm. I have lowered the back 50mm and it still sits a bit higher than the front. Although it looks great if I had my time again I would go 45-50mm at the back but only SL at the front. SSL is just that bit too low for driveways, kerbs and speed humps because the utes have such a looong wheel base. If you do go SSL at the front, dont forget a camber kit other wise you will wear out the inside of your tyres very quickly because of too much negative camber.

Hey mate, How much is it too lower arse end of your fg?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 16d
PM me your location and I can try and sort out some pricing for you and if you are in NSW we can work on complete installation prices too.

Cheers

Pat

Hi mate, Can you give me a price to supply suspension to lower the back of my fg ute 50mm?

Edited by GMH8R

• Member For: 15y 4m 28d

Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't lowering it mess with the DSC?

ANyone got some good info on this? I was warned it would wig out the way it works?

Cheers

just a quick update, had the SL king's put in the front today but it has only dropped about 12mm. so I am waiting until next week for them to sag a little and then im going to do the back so ill have pics up then. cheers.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 12d

If you dramatically change the ride height (ie taking all travel out of the suspension) you may have issues with the way the DSC works, but majority of cars lowered to a reasonable height don't have any issues

• Member For: 15y 10m 25d

just a thought. the cv is wearing out because of the change in angle between the tail shaft and the diff pinion angle. I know you can shim diff pinion angles in the e series falcons to stop diff chatter. I wonder if we could shim it to fix the change in angle???