Fg Ute Rear Suspension?

xa-mont

• Member For: 16y 7m 1d

Hey everyone,

Just wonderring, what can be done to make the ute a little nicer in the rear end under MY normal condition (commute, fun, long distance) rather than being suited for heavy loads?

Also, how much am I going to effect my load carrying capacity?

Cheers,

Trav

• Member For: 15y 5m 4d

Being leaf sprung, there is little that can be done apart from a shock absorber change to something more compliant, and removing a leaf from the spring pack. Which almost guarantees you will lose carrying capacity but gaining some ride comfort. I would recommend speaking to Fulcrum Suspension to discuss your needs as they have already done some development into the XR utes. They have set up the V8 Supercar pace ute for this years series. Also with the FG having monotube shock absorbers, suspension work needs to be carried out carefully as the car and its electronic systems have been calibrated to work inside certain parameters that the existing suspension provides.

Cheers,

Ash.

• Member For: 16y 4m 23d

Mate it dont take much to collapse xr suspension.. 100kg would do it just fine if your trying to soften it up.. by 300kg it will fall flat on the floor..

if you need better load carying fit poly air bags .. it will make it a touch firmer when totally empty but not much ..

utemad

3.5% over

so at 110 indicated I am doing 113.5 per gps. (or at 230 I'm doing 238). the car does loose a little sharpness in the rear but I think its fine. - also helps ecconomy a little and I find traction better with the slightly high final drive ratio it provides as well as a slightly larger contact patch.

utemad, I need the complete opposite of that, I need it softer when no load.

it doesn't take much to soften or collapse totally if xr suspension.. You can drop tyre pressure to the lower side of inflation ( not under inflated )not full load pressure

Cant you put something in the back like 3 bags of bravel in a box etc that way its soft but you can take it out to get the load carry back for carrying other things.. they have no travel as is so if you soften they will carry nothing.. mine bottoms and drags its but easy as if I dont inflate the bags ..

utemad

• Member For: 16y 7m 1d

im not talking about carying big loads, the biggest it would get is probably my motorbike and my 2 dogs (150ish for the bike, 80ish all up for the 2 dogs) so really f all.

you want softer and happy to sacrifice load carrying then get a leaf taken out and replaced with a slightly thinner leaf .. and get n height set the same .. prob solved and approx cost 500 smackers all done

utemad