Anyone Lowered An Fg Ute Yet?

alexr8

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 25d

Rancidpunx I had bad neg camber on the front too. about 2 deg. very bad.

I had shims put it, that has brought it out to about 1deg neg camber. im still not happy as I want zero camber. im going back to see if I can get more shims put in but they recon they cant. sooks.

otherwise the last option is to get a camber kit, which they can garauntee 0 deg neg camber.

I asked this question elsewhere here about what guys are doing about this but didnt get any feedback!

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 30d

I assume so, There also a lot of factory fresh cars (sedans and utes) wearing front tyres in less than 10000ks.

Where do I get a camber kit? I dont mind spending money if it will help save me money on tyres.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 1d

It is funny as some people have huge problems with camber when lowering them and others (like myself) dont. I do know that they are limited with camber adjust on the factory setup due to using shims rather than concentric bolts like on other makes. So I would say they have done everything possible to sort it for you.

One thing to check thou is the amount of toe, apparently on these cars you need a little bit of toe in when not moving so that at highway speeds it doesnt flex to toe out. That to can cause inner tyre wear.

• Banned
  • Member For: 12y 10m 6d

Vanda99, what wheels? they look so good.

wenier, all cars are givin slight toe in, it helps the car drive in a dead straight line.

the camber would most likley be because of lowering, because of the shorter spring the suspension arms are sitting higher on there pivot points than they should therefor the wheel sits at a angle, kind of hard to explane but im pretty sure putting bigger wheels on wouldnt efect it

im keen to here more about this tailshaft problem, should I find a bf one to put in? whats the failure rate on them? mine is stock suspension wise, but after a long fast run on the freeway when I come to a stop on a offramp and when I go to roll forward when my foot is of the brake and going on the throttle I get a click click click, sounds like a f### c/v joint, the car is only 28000kms im scared if I lower it it might be the last straw for the c/v.(if it is the c/v making the noise, its driving me nuts :( )

cheers, andy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 28d

Pretty sure it's got to do with how low you go when comes to tail shaft, was told it was the early Fgs and where auto's. Don't know if there any truth in the auto's only department. Know a FG that is low but not that low and it's been ok for the last 2 years.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 25d

pazz at stock height my inside of tyres were half worn. the rest of the tyre was perfect. talking to the wheel alignment bloke, he said fords are bad with inner tyre where from factory!!! esp at stock height and stock wheels.

• Banned
  • Member For: 12y 10m 6d

pazz at stock height my inside of tyres were half worn. the rest of the tyre was perfect. talking to the wheel alignment bloke, he said fords are bad with inner tyre where from factory!!! esp at stock height and stock wheels.

hmm I do alot of fords at work,never came to my attention that they wear tyres out worse than any other car.

wearing the inner edge is neg camber or toe out, maby you should start chucking it into corners even harder to even out the wear lol.

pazz, the ute is my daily so im just going to the sort of first level of lowering (SL?) they look awesome slamed but just not worth scraping out the bottem of my car imo.

so hopefully ill be ok, seeing a pic of a ute earlyer in this thread on the back of a tow truck im guessing it just goes BANG? without any warning.

cheers, andy