Anyone Lowered An Fg Ute Yet?

alexr8

• Member For: 14y 2m 6d

mummba that looks amazing. I have a couple questions for you and others, I have never had a new car before till now so I've never dealt with warranty.

How much did that setup cost you?

How does it ride? Bottom out a lot?

I've heard of problems with the drive line (diff) by lowering the car, is this an across the board big issue?

Does lowering the car (professionally of course) void any warranties? I'd love to do this but I want to keep my new car warranty.

Cheers

• Member For: 14y 6m 13d

hey mate, you will have to make sure from ford about warranty, but im pretty sure when you lower your car you void anything to do with driveline that is effected buy lowering it, if your worried about it its probly not worth doing...

there are cheaper ways of lowering than mine as I went nolathene bushes, coilovers up front, with camber kit,reset leaves, bilstein struts rear..but you could just change your springs front and get lowering blocks rear witch would only be a couple of hundred... your best off having a chat with your suspension joint if your goin ahead with it...

as for the ride its great no bottoming out and no scrubbing, though I only have stock exhaust and stock wheels.... for now....

hope this helps any ....

• Member For: 14y 4m 7d

IS it better to get reset leaves or just throw blocks in to lower it, mines heaps low in the front but looks sh*t on the back so I wanna slam it just wondering wats better?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 20d

Mummba... awesome looking ute mate. Couple of questions, your tail lights have been tinted yeh? who, what, how? they look mint.

Lowering, what was the exact set up you ran with in the rear, looks like the sort of height I'm chasing. Did you butcher the factory bump stops? any tramping out? may I sugest you loose the rear flaps, they will scrape soon and f**k your paint, has already happened to mine.

Miller... look into air bags

Rob666... Ford will look for any excuse to get out of a waranty claim, if you lower the car I would suggest that they will void anything in relation to the driveline etc. If you have a stereo problem on the other hand it shouldnt be a problem you have lowered your car.

Lowering blocks may be an option for you, I was running these for about 6 months, use to tramp out a bit and not the ideal set up however you can remove the blocks pretty easily if you need to take the car in with any issues. Find a mechanic other than ford to do your services if you dont want to pull them out every service.

Does anyone have anymore info on the CV issue that occurs in lowered auto FG's??? I have my car back stock at the moment and am going to try my luck at getting a replacement, there is nothing actually wrong with my diff but it can be clunky... hopefully I can convince them to replace with the stronger item.

• Member For: 14y 6m 13d

hey mate,

yer the tail lights are tinted, I did them myself but its a pain in the a$$ to say the least, I removed the outer lense to spray the inside so its shiney, witch was easy on a ba but the fg ones are really stuck on there... there is a really good write up in the exterior or paint and panel section in this forum also...

my hight is king reset leafs with a 1" block I think its sits nice but that might change with new wheels.... my bump stops are fine and have no tramp wat so eva, and ile get str8 on to the flaps as they scrape big time I didn think it would stuff the paint so cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 20d

Mummba,

Thanks for the info on the lights I'll check out the paint & panel forum. Have you ever seen them done on a black ute? how do you think it would look?

When you say king reset leaves do you mean SL or SSL rear leaves or did you have them re-set at a suspension shop?

Yeh I just noticed with my rear flaps that after a few scrapes the flaps must have been rubbing back and forth some what and left some fine scratching behind where the flap sits normaly got it out with some serious polishing but when I re-lower the ute (hopefully after I receive a new diff compliments of ford... speaking of which anyone from Perth know a dealer who is reasonable to deal with?) I will ditch the flaps and have the guards re-sprayed.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 29d

Get the guards resprayed under warranty, its a known issue, I had mine resprayed at about 5000ks.