Need Advice On New Xr6t Ute

mac

• Member For: 15y 9m 20d
I was under the impression that FG mk2 would hit the streets around mid 2010, to coincide with Euro 4 regs.

The article in the latest MOTOR mag regarding the new 5.0 V8 to be used in the FG mk2(unconfirmed), states it will be out when the

new model is released "late next year". So late 2010 according to MOTOR. Hopefully it is mid-year because I am waiting for the FG mk2

before I pull the trigger.

• Get on the end of it.....
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
I found the utes to be more predictable than the sedans because of the live rear axle...they may step out when pushed but you know exactly what you're up against.

Yes it would catch someone off-guard that isn't used to it and plants the go pedal in the wet, but the level of 'tameness' is totally dependant on the right foot.

...and don't buy a Expensive Daewoo or everyone will laugh at you. :nod:

OH YEH :w00t2::stupid:

• Member For: 15y 11m 20d

Mac,

Picked up an XR6T on Friday(19/6). Auto with a XRsports, hard cover, H/D towbar plus the carpet mats, mudspats, plastic bits etc for $40,000 drive away. Feb or Mar build and even the colour I wanted. Went looking for a N/A manual XR6 ute, drove away in a auto turbo ute a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

Started looking at the end of May and it appeared then that any XR ute is as scarce as rocking horse p**p.

• Member For: 16y 1m 2d

Because of the government investment grant scheme on business vehicles, some dealers are taking the advantge on buyers, I bought my FGT Ute before the financial crises, even then I got some discount from the dealer. The ute has been just short of amazing in terms of comfort and performance, but then I don't push it to the limit. The ute came with the sport pack, the 18" wheels aren't really suitable for building sites, I have ordered a set of 17". I read it from a magazine, in couple years time, the xr8 will have a more powerful, lighter V8 engine, but then it is better enjoy life now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 18d
Mac,

Picked up an XR6T on Friday(19/6). Auto with a XRsports, hard cover, H/D towbar plus the carpet mats, mudspats, plastic bits etc for $40,000 drive away. Feb or Mar build and even the colour I wanted. Went looking for a N/A manual XR6 ute, drove away in a auto turbo ute a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

Started looking at the end of May and it appeared then that any XR ute is as scarce as rocking horse p**p.

that's a good price mate!