Ba Turbo Vs 6 Ltr Ss

Stoney

• Member For: 16y 10m 3d

To help out a bit, I have 336kw at the wheels in my T, My mates LS1 has 245rwkw. Both are utes with low K's,

9/10 times he has a better launch than me (still have burnout 245's on the rear wich are hard compund though), but they are easy to catch after 2nd gear, wheel spin is the killer - my mate never seems to have this drama as his car isn't powerful enough to worry about spinning in 1st, second, mid third...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 11m 7d

I have driven both, obviously own the T but took the SS for a good floggin one day, and to be honest they are very close standard vs standard in straight line acceleration. If he is standard as I have gathered you will own him. No contest.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 29d

Went for a spin in a mates VE SS ute, and I was impressed how well it went.. Felt real strong and the 'no lag' is awsome... But 260rwkw T should have it I reckon...

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d

yeh my bro in law has a ve ss man cai zorst and whoop him every time 0-60kms hes got the jump but that's it due to my wheel spin so ud mince your mates easy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d

my 05 ute is stock as

mate bought a ve ss-v raced him several several times at all types of speeds

of line stand still he wlaks all over me due to traction control on his and grunt id say

from roll ons at n e speed, it is dead set even

even on the private road we were on took off from 100 to well into 200 we sat side by side the whole way

• Member For: 16y 18d

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

It has been great to hear every ones opinion. I guess mine would be quicker. Although the 6ltr holdens are an awsome car. This is not about Expensive Daewoo bashing. It is me wanting to shut my mate up. He thinks he would smash me off the line and by the time I spooled up he would be gone.

I guess if I could get a good start with T/C on instead of sitting there digging a hole in the road I would have him.

I think he is a bit intimidated, or he wouldn't be giving me such a hard time. He has also been very non comital as to when we should have a lash.

If it does happen, on a private secluded road of course, I will let you guys know how I went.

Regards Stoney. :beerchug:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 6d

I have a BF 1 XR6T 6 speed auto with a F6 CAI and a high flo cat. 245 Flywheel 20" wheels (basically stock 65000kms)

My mate from work has a 60th Anniversary VE SS. Auto, 6.0L 270 Flywheel 20"weels (basically stock 10000kms)

I read him the posts here as they were going up, and no more than 10 mins ago we put it to the test...

He had me 3 out of 3. (legally I swear it :3gears: ) we went all out till about 140kph.

His starts were stronger then mine, but I seemed to pull him back around 2nd (70kph I think) and held on to him (not letting him increase his gap) through till we backed off, with him edging me out buy maybe a car and a bit at 140kph.

I'm hoping that when I get hold of blue boost in Mackay, and finally get my tune done (august) I'll be good for about the 280 - 300kw mark and eat his sh*tbox for real on the track strip they have been commisioned to build here in my home town. Till then I have to live with my stocker not quite being up to his.

Hope this helps.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 14d

My 315rwkw 4sp xr6t took on a mate's ve ss-v from the lights, if you can limit your wheelspin you should be able to flog him, otherwise he'll have you til about 3rd gear. Now I have a 360rwkw xr6t 6sp manual and the same bloke wants to take me on in his new 370z, so hopefully I can flog him a second time!

• Member For: 15y 11m 14d

I done this 2 days before christmas ve ss v my xr6t,mine is a 6sp man ,his auto. 1st gear got me off the line ,2nd I caught him and pulled away ,3rd maintained the gap ,then he backed off in rapid form,as he conceeded I slowed and changed lanes and as I was looking in my rear vision mirror I seen red and blue lights ,so we pulled over (he got both of us ) came up to me first and asked what the bloody hell I thought I was upto doing a 140 in a 70 zone I proceeded to say that I was goinging to get prawns for xmas.He asked for my licence ,and when I said I didnt have it ,my wife bought her purse he said with a concernd voice is this car regesterd to me, I said yes then he went back to the other bloke spoke to him ,then went to his car went back to the other bloke ,as he came back to me the other guy took off. He said that he has taken down my details and if I get caught with any traffic offences in the next 12 months that I could be charged for what I have done .Needless to say that it is a pretty good race between these 2 cars in stock form but the T has the edge. so after xmas I have recently got a little work done and it now has 306.7 kw ,so I cant w8 to meet up with old mate in the ss.