Ba Turbo Vs 6 Ltr Ss

Stoney

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 7m 23d

I have tested this last weekend.

My stock powered T. No mods except K&N.

His Stock powered LS2.

I got him off the line every time and I stayed half a length in front right up to the top of 4th. We then ran out of track...

Same result every time. They are virtually identical in performance. Had I bothered to flash my generic tunes on, obviously would have pulled away, but I hate generic tunes, thus I will wait until a custom tune and enjoy the stock feel for a little longer.

• 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 7d

Mate, taxi's could beat me to 80km/hr! But I guarantee they weren't having as much much trying to control a beast of a thing! I used to wheelspin past most things through third and fourth. Aaaah, the memories.

Is that the same car that had the dodgey motor , f,,,cked up tune and a dyno sheet that was manipulated to to be something it was not.

Car now has new atomic motor , New Turbonetic GTK850 turbo , new Process west stage 3 intercooler , new piping , new brakes .new clutch ( which was stuffed ) new tien suspension , now 2 fuel pumps and bigger injectors and yes it now has 516 rwkw on 109 octane and do it every day.

If you do not have a ford anymore and drive an audi why blog this forum ????

post-16267-126122946345_thumb.jpg

post-16267-126122950744_thumb.jpg

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 8d

Is that the same car that had the dodgey motor , f,,,cked up tune and a dyno sheet that was manipulated to to be something it was not.

Car now has new atomic motor , New Turbonetic GTK850 turbo , new Process west stage 3 intercooler , new piping , new brakes .new clutch ( which was stuffed ) new tien suspension , now 2 fuel pumps and bigger injectors and yes it now has 516 rwkw on 109 octane and do it every day.

If you do not have a ford anymore and drive an audi why blog this forum ????

hahaha. :outahere:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 1m 3d

As some people have alluded to, the fixation of comparing rwkw between different engne types and body types and weights is relatively nebulis.

One one extreme you could have a 2002 SV8 with auto, high stall converter (lessens dyno power figure), small baby cam that focuses more on low-mid power and torque rather than top end (again not the best dyno queen option) has low dif ratio 3.7 or 3.9 in an older 5.7 Litre LS1 and it will absolutely kill and walk all over new (HEAVIER) LS3 and LS2 powered HSV's etc. It will probably only put out 250-260rwkw but it will run mid 12's and low 12's on slicks. Add some heads to it and you'll get even more important mid-range torque and power...and you'll be into the 11's but still below the 300rwkw mark.

or you could run a 400rwkw Turbo and wheelspin your way to a high 12 on your twenty inch street tyres...

There are extremes on both sides of the Holden/Ford modification scene. There are alot of new LS3 HSV's running expensive superchargers and then getting their arse handed to them by a cam only 5.7 litre cars.

Most of the LS1 guys will probably spend a third of their mods on driveline mods to increase their performance over the qaurter. Clucthes/coverters, diffs, tyres, suspension. Getting the power steadily and consistantly across a wide power band and importantly, off the line is where it's at.

It's interesting to observe across the forums that new car owners tend to focus on dyno figures, whilst older car owners will focus on how quick it is. It's always easier to get a good dyno queen figure, than convert that to a quarter time