Bf Xr6 Turbo Ute

toxicturboute

• Member For: 15y 9m 13d

hey all, just wanted to say hi and ask a few questions

I have a november 05 bf model xr6 turbo ute with a cat back exhaust, aftermarket intercooler, cold air induction and a sct x3 tune box running boost at 10 psi.. got it dyno'd the other week and it only poked out 225.6 rwkw. I expected more but ive been told since I live in darwin and due to the humidity the cars lose a bit of power.. does anyone with similar mods have a higher dyno reading? I also know that in the ba's the valve springs need to be changed but im not sure if mine do being a late 05 bf needs to have that done.. so if anyone knows that would b sweet.

cheers, tom

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 10d

if its a generic tune your running. I'm gonna say that's the problem.

99.9992% of Generics are sh*thouse.

I had a capabox for ages before I got my first tune, With all the problems I hear on the forums about them I didn't bother trying it.

• Member For: 15y 9m 13d

Yeah, its running a genetic herrod tune through it so a custom tune should bump it up a bit.. you didnt happen to know about the valve springs? wat hav u done 2 urs 2 get that much power?

cheers, tom

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 3d

hey tom, I just bought a BF XRT ute myself, series 1 bf utes dont have upgraded internals or valve springs, MKII onwards do, or about 06/06 onwards. so valve springs will need doing in yours. a proper tune with those mods should net you closer to 250 atw maybe less if you dont do injectors and valve springs

hope that helps you out and good luck with it

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 3d

I may be wrong but most places I think say MKII onwards.. but you'll know if you need springs, you'd notice up top end it valve bounces, but due to the exhaust and cold air intake I doubt you'll need them yet cos youve taken the restrictions out of the exhaust and intake

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
I was under the impression that even the BF Mk1 Valve Springs were better than the BA Series ???

Me too...quite simply...all the perfomance extras on the BA were put as standard on the BF Mk1...this was my understanding.

Been know to be wrong before though

:o

Shock