Bf2 Xr6 Turbo

hulk xr6t

• Member For: 16y 11m 3d

Im prowling around for a Good XR6T BF2 with 6 speed Auto and leather..

But they are all Ex Coppers. Or people who want ridiculous prices for them..

I could have nabbed an 07 model BF2 with Auto a year ago with 50,000km for $22500.. He was mucking me about for about 2 weeks so I bought another car and then a day later he rings me and says come get it. Now on Carsales etc, they want more than that for higher km cars..

Are people dreaming?

I want a BF2 as I want the better valve springs, rods and tougher box so when the mods come (and they will) I can get away with less.

There are none around with leather too. I think the Leather interior is a must, or else you will always say, I wish I had leather in it.

I would grab a F6 Typhoon but the insurance is ridiculous, the BF2 is basically (it is) the same motor.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 3d

I just got a BF1 (07/06, so has the stronger motor) with 26,000kms for $23K from QLD (private sale). I looked at a few in Sydney (where I live) but they wanted $25k+ for ex chasers with 50,000 to 80,000kms on them.

edit: no leather or premo sound though, but I couldn't care less; I want grippy seats and don't listen to music loud anymore.

Edited by -Jono-

• Member For: 16y 4m 24d

I found that private car deals seemed to be better at the start to mid 2008. This was when petrol prices were reaching around

$1.90 for premium. Then towards the end of the year private sellers started to ask a little more. I purchased my current car

mid 2008 and in the last few weeks have been getting quoted trade in prices for more than what I paid for it.

Also when I sold my ba xr6t they were mostly being advertised privately for 17-22k, now most seem to be around the 19-25 mark.

These days it quite common to find car dealers who will do deals almost as cheap as private sales.

This is just my observations/opinion based on general car prices advertised on car sales over the last 18 months in SA.

• Member For: 15y 11m 17d
I just got a BF1 (07/06, so has the stronger motor) with 26,000kms for $23K from QLD (private sale). I looked at a few in Sydney (where I live) but they wanted $25k+ for ex chasers with 50,000 to 80,000kms on them.

edit: no leather or premo sound though, but I couldn't care less; I want grippy seats and don't listen to music loud anymore.

that's a pretty good deal, I got an 06/06 (stronger bits in it) BF auto with 50k on the clock for 25k but I was more wrapped in claiming the gst back from a seller with an ABN.

• Benzene
  • Member For: 20y 3m 16d

I am having the same problem here in WA and I cant belive the attitude of some of the dealers especially in these hard times, surely they want to sell cars??? One guy the other day wouldnt budge off $33990 for a bog stock 07BF2 with 55k kms.....I am trying to trade my xr8 ute in at the same time but some of the changeovers are ridiculous.....

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 14d

Swanga, how much are you looking to spend?

You'd be far better off selling your ute privately and then buying the other car afterwards. I know you'd get lots less now than you podssibly could have previously, but trades will be far less as well...

I've seen some rippers over here in perth mate... I'll PM you some great deals at around the $$$ figure you're looking at...

Interested in an FPV?

Cheers,

Dan

• Member For: 19y 9m 25d

What I noticed after looking for quite some while:

- there were relatively few available

- the colour seemed to make quite a difference in the price, or at least the willingness of the dealer to negotiate on price

- you had to get in very early or it was gone. Like the same day it was originally posted. If you're looking once a week, you won't see them because they've been advertised and sold.

Everyone who's looking knows the bf2 has the same internals as the phoon, and that the turbo is better for mods than the FG. Not to say an FG is not a better car, but that's why people are looking at the BF1s or BF2s after 06/06.

There was also 1 (or 2?) BF2 upgrade models available with better 'standard' trim that makes it more $$$. These had leather, premium sound and 18s.

Check out redbook. They give you a fair idea of private prices, and if you're going dealer, then be prepared to pay over that. If you're not prepared to pay, then your only alternative is to wait.

ws

Edited by wiresquire

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 6m 23d

Got my 07 bf2 with 40,000kms, 19" FPV rims, flash tuner, typhoon airbox, manual, sheep-skin covers, car-bra, apexi gauges and controller, prem sound for $27k earlier this year. You just have to wait for one to come up, then buy it straight away. Was also looking at an 08 BF2 for 14,000kms, luxo pack, manual for $30k from a sydney dealer. Needless to say, it sold before I could ring.