Fg F6 Gauges In Xr6 Turbo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 20d

Alright, I know I'm not the first but I thought some of you might like to know..

I have successfully had FG F6 Gauges fitted to my XR6 Turbo, after a bit of mucking around..

I bought the gauges (new in box) from Ferntree gully auto salvage for $350 and then had Coffey Ford of Noble Park fit them (in half a day) for $202.30.

I had Courtney and Patterson Ford in Heidelberg tell me they couldn't fit them and wouldn't try, but Coffey Ford said they would try if I paid for labour.

In the end they fitted them and reprogramed both of my keys because it 'went into lockdown' when the new set of gauges was installed.

So in the end it all works perfectly and fits in perfectly in the luxury pack interior.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 21d

Some good work there :blink:

I would say this will be the done thing soon, as there is no way to mount the dash gauges in an FG.

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 3m 6d

grats mate. so much better and appealing compared to the xr6 gauges yeah? mine made me feel sick after a few weeks probably third mod which I ever did to my car...

when you first drove it with the new gauges did they stick out at ya? I.e. look 3d... compared to xr6 gauges... made you feel like woah.. untill you get used to them?

heaps of people have asked me about this mod and I always advise to find a dealer that will be willing to fit and/or know how to fit it.

some wont do it as its installed fpv part into lower spec model, others simply dont know how.

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 3m 6d

dont suppose you have a few more of those lying around or gonna start production :P need more guages... might have to get them on the screen seems like.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 3d

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww30/PH...04022009072.jpg

Personally not a fan of the freddo frog on the dash but I can appreciate the effort behind it so credit where credit is due.

(actually reminds me of something out of star wars, or anatomy :dontknow: )

Edited by bunna

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 2d

Hey Guys,

I too have bought the FG F6 Cluster, hoping to get it fitted soon. Just one question, what the increments for the oil temp? We know the max is 150 if I assume the min is 0, does this mean each main increment is 30?? or is the min not 0? Is there anyone with a FG F6 who can check in their manual to see if it states is there.

Thanks

George