My Yamaha R6. Back On The Road.

d rangd

• Member For: 15y 10m 5d

finally got the bike back also, after a trip to a dodgy bike shop, who charged me through the roof to do something a monkey could have done with a grinder and a peice of string. she goes though! not alot more can be done to it, just got to get the exhaust bracket to fit the carbon exhaust can and cut some bits out of the lower fairing to fit over the custom extractors. will be looking at turboing the thing soon too. and maybe a little bit of nos

post-32529-1243037409_thumb.jpg

post-32529-1243037428_thumb.jpg

post-32529-1243037445_thumb.jpg

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 14d

Fark Me! That thing looks nuts! Did you change to carbon for any sort of competition or because you just wanted that extra bit of performance?

d rangd is right!

• Member For: 15y 10m 5d

few more pics and mod list on this other thread http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55912 ...only had it back for a few days, still waiting on the exhaust hanger to put the end can on, the thing is loud straight through!

senna-pretty much just love carbon, started small then I pretty much just wanted everything carbon, tracking down all those parts took atleast a year on and off and 6 months waiting. probly cant get most of the bits anymore because its an older bike. so yeh definately not pushing it, dont want to smash this one!!

hiro-no not really planning on pushing it, its not really for performance, more of a show thing. the only real performance bit of carbon on there is the carbon wheels, apparently its like adding 30hp to the bike because of the lower reciprocal mass...im going to buy a track bike soon for that, something cheap and common ready for the inevitable stacks:P

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 9m 23d
will be looking at turboing the thing soon too. and maybe a little bit of nos

translated : "I have a deathwish" :nyaah:

wanna buy a 93 CBR 600 for your track bike?? :buttonit: