Hdr Photography

Ghosti

• Member For: 17y 3m 9d

I think you'll find the car is black, and it looks like Phantom due to the reflection of the sky (black cars tend to lose their colour and take on an almost mirror finish, dependant on how far you go with the HDR effect).

But then, I could be way off the mark :angel:

Edited by chubbzilla

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 7m 14d

It is actually Sensation. I think it depends on what screen you are looking at it on. On my laptop screen that I did the photo it actually looks blue (sensation) but then on mywork screen it looks phantom (purple).

Maybe my laptop screen is crap since it seems to everyone else that it is purple.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 9d

I too would like to know where one would go to obtain a serial number...

Also, my Nikon D40 doesn't do these well, but will take photo's in Raw format, unfortunately the raw photo's don't manipulate the same, does anyone have any tips?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

It not a matter of the camera doing these well, it's more about proper technique first up. You need to generate at least three RAW exposures say at -2, 0, +2 say and use a tripod so the shots will align perfectly later, then use your RAW converter such as Capture NX or Lightroom or Adobe Adobe Camera Raw to process the RAWs into 16 bit tiff files. Don't alter the exposure settings at all for each shot. That's the easy part.

Using Photomatix, hit the generate HDR button and it'll ask you to locate the shots you want to use. It'll then ask you about aligning shots etc and then process the shot into a HDR image. However, this image cannot be displayed on a monitor, so now the hard part and the black art is the tone mapping to turn that 32 bit HDR image into something we can present on screen. This part takes a bit of trial and errora nd the best thing is to use google to find some online tutorials and the Photomatix help for good starting settings. Once you're happy with how it looks save it as a 16 bit tiff file. Then import it into Photoshop and tweak it further, usually contrast and saturation need the most change and some sharpening.

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 7m 2d

Some great photos there fellas. I havent checked my Nikon D90 to see if it will autobracket when shooting in RAW. Pretty sure it wont though. Nikon probally didnt see the need,as with any RAW image you can manually adjust the exposure through your photo editing software.

Cheers

• 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 3m 3d

You can still do a psuedo HDR with one raw. The software will generate a + and - exposure. The result isn't nearly as good but its useful when you have problems like the wind moving trees around etc which will cause the images not to line up correctly. You can see slight evidence of it in my two Heron Island shots. The one of my niece is a psuedo (she wouldn't sit still lol) and I'm really happy with how it came out.