Experiences With The Police

Redhawk

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m
Pull me over for driving a loud green ute...

cop: how fast were you going there son?

me: 60 sir.

cop: looked more like 90 to me.

me: oh really? do you have the radar to show me?

cop: no, do you? (wtf? nice come back spaz)

me: riiiiiiight.

Why do they need a radar? And why do they have to show the readout or is it a requirement in Victoria?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 9d

got pulled over for doing a burnout a few years back.

Had a extra thermo fan on a switch on my old ute and forgot to turn it off when I pulled over.

Cop came to the window blah blah. heard the fan so walked around the front and put his head real close to the grill, looked in. After 1 min inspecting my front grill came back to the window (I switched the fan off then) Cop: Whats that noise? A fan I said.

Cop: Whats it for? I was 17 then and trying not to laugh said COOLING.........

I drove away with an expensive ticket

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d
Why do they need a radar? And why do they have to show the readout or is it a requirement in Victoria?

If you ever get pulled over and you feel that there was not a hope in hell that you were doing the speed they claim it is well within your right to view the radar readout.

(Unless the cop reckons he got you on a speed check from 150 metres back, yes I got done for a bullsh!t charge)

Edited by tab
Keep it civil.....some people are a bit precious!

• BIGRED
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 27d

I was driving past the notorious noble maccas last night on my way home from seein the missus as im passing I backed off the go pedal and it made the tututu noise that u get when u dont have a blow off valve....cops in maccas heard it and come racing after me! pulled me up around the corner and a couple of women cops jump out and start getting all narky "so u got a blow off valve do ya??", no I dont have a blow off valve , "yes u do we heard it!", no I dont have a blow off valve, "yeh then what made that noise?", my airfilter, "so u have a non-standard airfilter do u?", yep, "does it comply with australian standards?", I dont know, "pop the bonnet please", so I popped it and they had a look around, I dont think they even knew what they were looking for, so after a snoop around the whole car all they could find was one of the rear tyres was worn, they went back to their car sat there for a bit, came back and told me "its your lucky day we have bigger fish to fry u saved urself a defect and a fine whatever is making that noise fix it!", ok but its not a BOV, "we're very familiar with these xr6 turbo things we know its a BOV!!" ok whatever, they went on their way and I went on my way dumbfounded wondering how these clueless cops ever got into the TMU. A couple of questions now...

*is a pod filter illegal?

*I just bought a rapid cooler set-up when I install it will that be illegal?

• Yaris member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 29d

yes & yes

pod filter in a box is ok I believe.

BUT

you are only allowed 1 intake mods.. a cooer is one.. pipework is one. also, cutting the front reo is illegal :blaah:

great looking cooler though... trust me :spoton:

• Member For: 17y 5m 19d

well, it wasnt your airfilter causing the noise.... you should have explained compressor surge to them, then they probably would have ping you for being a smart a$$.... cant win sometimes, some coppers think theyre mechanics...