Xr8 Bonnet?

drift13

• Member For: 17y 2m 2d
hey all im wanting to put an xr8 bonnet on my ute "fg xr6t"

does anyone know where I can get one?

Dont do it - youre missing the 2 extra cylinders you needed to get it for free (not to mention the soundtrack..) :dummyspit:

• Under-garment member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 24d

$650 :blink:

Mate if your lucky enough to find one, you may pick up a used BA/F bonnet for around that price, but otherwise they cost nearly $2k from Fraud.

The FG XR8 bonnet's is the same deal, $1,850 from Fraud unpainted, AFAIK :stupid:

• Member For: 16y 3m 25d

That was another seller for the v8 .. when I sat behind the bulge the turbo just didn't feel as special heheheeheheee all about the craig lowndes race car feel.. plus it gives idiots something to eyeball when they come up the other lane to see what it is.. it will be even harder by the end of the week when the tub comes off

cheers utemad

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 2d

My Ba turbo came with an Xr8 bonet and the standard bonet too. The original owner who I purchased the car from had it installed when new by the dealer. If some moron had not dropped the original xr6 turbo bonet on one of its rear edges I would replace it tomorrow. I dont like the xr8 bonet. If somebody wants to swap a balisitc coloured ba bonet for an xr8 one with a cash adjustment I would be happy to do so. What do you think the chances of the paint matching would be ? The spray painter told me to repair the original bonet I would have to respray the guards to match...damn I hate metalic paint.

Edited by vulpes

• Member For: 15y 9m 17d
My Ba turbo came with an Xr8 bonet and the standard bonet too. The original owner who I purchased the car from had it installed when new by the dealer. If some moron had not dropped the original xr6 turbo bonet on one of its rear edges I would replace it tomorrow. I dont like the xr8 bonet. If somebody wants to swap a balisitc coloured ba bonet for an xr8 one with a cash adjustment I would be happy to do so. What do you think the chances of the paint matching would be ? The spray painter told me to repair the original bonet I would have to respray the guards to match...damn I hate metalic paint.

Back in 2006 I ordered a BF series 2 XR6t lightning strike silver 6speed auto optioned up with a dealer supplied xr8 bonnet(painted) and kept the original XR6 bonnet in the garage covered up. Ute has lately run the 1/4 mile 12.4@116mph with 299.8 rwkws. :spoton::buttrock: