New Pads And Rotors For My T

NVT

• Member For: 21y 2m 16d

NVT,

My advice if you don't really push your brakes too hard but want something with a little more performance would be to change the front rotors and pads and change the fluid. I'm a fan of the 4000 slotted rotors, ferodo DS pads and a good fluid like AP Racing stuff.

Have a talk to Matt at Race Brakes and see what he has to offer.

Benny

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m

Winner of Nizpro Intercooler - To be installed shortly

Maximus you got this installed yet? LOL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 11d

So...first questions first...can this be done on the FG as well? I heard something about changning the brakes possibly causing issues with the electronics and computers and stuff?

For an FG XR6T, is upgrading the lines, rotors and pads enough? You don't need to change the calipers? Is it possible to change calipers without effecting electronics?

And lastly...is it that simple? Different rotors, lines and pads is all you need to make the stopping better? Normally I drive fairly "energentically" shall we say, so I would probably prefer to do it all round. But even at $1200 is seems like a bloody worthwhile thing to do. The brakes is the single thing that every review has complained about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m 16d

Just wondering where you can get DBA 4000s and Bendix pads for $600 (or close that cost) around Melbourne for the front brakes? Any reputable places, please?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m 16d

Thanks Steve, I eventually got dba 4000s slotted rotors and Race Brakes RB24 pads on the front on my BA XR6T. Great so far - good stopping power, no brake dust on my rims, no brake squeaking and thankfully, no brake shudder. Also cost me $482 all up including parts and fitting while I waited (45 mins) at Race Brakes in Yarraville VIC :beerchug:

Edited by EvilDaifu