New Pads And Rotors For My T

NVT

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 28d

Hey all,

I started a thread tonight asking where to get good car parts, and we got on to talking about brake upgrades.

I'd love to upgrade the brakes on the T to have more stopping power. I need new fluid and pads soon, so I thought I might as well get some better rotors as well.

Now I have seen lots of names/modes/brands being thrown around.

I have seen brands such as DBA, RDA and PBR get thrown around lots, so for an affordable worthwhile rotor upgrade, is there a brand that sticks out more than others? I will definitely go for a well known brand though.

I hear the DBA4000's are quite good, but the Slotted streets don't look any different...(I saw some at supercheap for about $130 each today. That's about $520...That's be the streets right?)

(I have heard Xdrilled and slotted rotors tend to crack between the drill holes, so I think I'll just go for the slotted Rotors - Front and rear.)

Ideally I'd like to spend $400-$500 on rotos and whatever something like Bendix ultimates cost. Maybe $700 - $800 all up?

Ok so the long and short is, what pads, rotors and fluids can you recommend for a worthwhile and affordable T upgrade?

Anything to steer clear of?

Thanks Guys,

Dan

Edited by NVT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 11d

I've got DBA4000's slotted with bendix ultimate on mine and its huge difference from crap stock ones

I can only imagine how good the brembos would be

Edited by XR6IXT

• Member For: 15y 7m 4d

Don't forget about ADR and compliance rules. If you upgrade your brakes to anything other than an optional upgrade that is/was offered on your model then you will need suitable certification as to make it legal to drive and not void your insurance.

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Thanks mate,

I'm with justcar, and they cover just about anything. I'll keep it in mind though :huh:

Dan

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 16y 22d

also nvt if you are not driving hard all the time have a think about the ultimate pads - they are around 200 for a pair as apposed to the GCT which are only 70

I run the GCT at the moment and they are great for stopping and I have extremely warped rotors and the bloody things still work great

cant wait to put the new rotors and pads on tomorrow

• Member For: 15y 11m

I just fitted (yesterday) the 320ish mm DBA 4000 slotted and Bendix pads (the one's under the ultimates). I only fitted the DBA up front and left the stock discs on the rear with new pads all round. It cost about $600 all up fitted and worth every cent. Oh and the look of horror coming from some other drivers faces when sitting at the lights with smoke pouring out from the brakes also made it worth while :evil:

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 3d

Get DBA 4000s slotted rotors (not drilled) and get a set of Racebrakes pads for them. You'll never look back... Ever... :evil:

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Thanks everyone,

Ace, I don't drive very hard in general, I just want the power for the few instances when it's needed. $600 to save my life seems like a pretty good deal to me :thumsup:

I'll do a price check on the DBA 4000 rotors soon and do some more research on the pads then. Thanks for the advice.

In regards to fitting 2 aftermarket rotors and keeping 2 stock, what's the go with that?

Cheers,

Dan

• Member For: 17y 19d
In regards to fitting 2 aftermarket rotors and keeping 2 stock, what's the go with that?

Because the rear rotors are quiet irrelevant for stopping. It's the fronts that do the majority of the work. Stock rear rotors with just better pads is fine.