What Have You Done To Your Ute To Make It Different?

SEETO

• Member For: 16y 7m 1d

I think he might be commenting (if you can call it that) on the controversial (personally I dont like it but to be honest have photoshopped it like 10 times because I WANT it to loook good) idea of the cut down tub.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 5m 4d

No worries guys , all opinions are welcome .

It was always going to be one off those builds the would either work or it wouldn't , my opinion is it looks better then a stock tub . But if I done it all over again there would be things I would change.

But basically 90% of the comments I have recieved have been it looks great . Must be just this forum (tough crowd) .

I must admit I am struggling not to get to defensive , because I love my ute but if you keep your comments clean it should not be a problem .

I think he might be commenting (if you can call it that) on the controversial (personally I dont like it but to be honest have photoshopped it like 10 times because I WANT it to loook good) idea of the cut down tub.

Not to shore , What to make of that comment , But I now feel the need to defend myself - I was half way through my build and was nevous as F@#k that I destroyed my ute and bank balence so I guess I was just trying to find somthing in it or somthing to do to it to justify the cost .

If I thought it was that bad I would of scraped which I almost did till I saw the finished product

honestly whats a tub worth these days $600 on ebay with a hardlid not hard to go back .

But at this point im loving it , go to the pub have fella's coming up to me saying how much they like taking photo's chatting about it with me also on my building sites its been very popular also with the Expensive Daewoo boys . Worst case its a display of excellent workmanship which it is.

46.jpg

GetAttachment-1.jpg

It could of been alot worse it could of ended up looking like this tub

ute-side.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

I guess these photo's ive just posted is to show you guys what I see in it . An if you then dont like it I will wear it .

Anyway sorry for dragging lets hear it.

• Member For: 16y 4m 2d
Hi... years back I made a hardcover out of fiberglass and esky foam...

Just wondering if anyone has done something unique to their ute?

utelidqp4.jpg

please be gentle on the comments... lol it was my first attempt and I know the lines are a bit out etc... ^_^

sorry snappy not talking about you, I think that your tub doesnt look too bad, proberly evan better in person. :spoton: I was refering to this hardlid LOL with teh full hectic wing :nono:

• Member For: 16y 7m 1d

just to clarify, im not having a go at you mate. its not my cup of tea... but the concept is. I have just never seen it done right (how I see it in my head) and I cant seem to make it look right on photoshop either.

I really admire your bravery for going ahead and doing it. and you sure have done a sh*tload better of a job than most people that I have seen do it (only seen 2 others I think).

• Member For: 15y 5m 4d

Sorry I thought you were having a dip at me because I had photoshopped it so many times .

which I did an kept posting for opinions.

For the record it was not built to the way I wanted either . certain sacrifices had to be made. An with the amount coin invested it will have to do im just glad its pretty good.

Edited by tab
Quote removed

• Member For: 16y 1m 2d

When I took my ute for its 15000 km service last week, I went to the parts shop to see if I can buy those side stickers which the FPV have on them. I was told that they can't sell them if my ute isn't FPV ute. But the guy did suggest that I can have it done at some local bodywork shops. To make my ute looks different, I have ordered a set of 17" non-Ford wheels, I were trying to get a set from ebay but most of them have the 235/45 tyres on them, the FG uses 245/45-17 (standard) or 245/40-18 which is what I have on my ute as it came with the sport pack. The 18" isn't really suitable for rough building sites, that's why I ordered a set of 17". Lucky they aren't too expensive, my local tyre shop do a set of ROH alloys with 245/45-17 tyre for $1588.