What Have You Done To Your Ute To Make It Different?

SEETO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 7m 1d

to make my ute a lil different I have removed the lower middle grill... I like it, make me want a bigger intercooler though :P

It also has different tips now to fill the hole a bit better... and no muffler in the rear, just straight through pipes.

06062009205.jpg

06062009206.jpg

06062009207.jpg

15052009167.jpg

15052009168.jpg

• Member For: 15y 5m 4d

XA-MONT,

Is there any chance that you may be able to post up a sound clip of your exhaust as it sounds now without the rear muffler?

I am looking forward to picking my ute up in the next week which is almost identical to yours, and an exhaust mod to get more sound from the exhaust is first on the list. Also have you had any issues with droning or anything similar after replacing the rear muffler with straight through pipes?

Has there been any warranty implications by your dealer at all?

Cheers

Ash.

• Member For: 16y 7m 1d

ill try get a video or something tomorrow night if the missus is happy to come play cars :P

There is a very slight drone at about 1600rpm when under a little bit of load, which if your sitting at 80 is about where its at, but it isnt loud enough to be a big problem, if you turn the stereo on you can barely notice it. (nothing like the drone the XB gets at 100... which is bad enough to make me go 120 :P)

Dont know what ford will think of it, havent had it in there yet since its been done.

I assume they wont mind as long as I dont try to claim an exhaust related warranty issue.

• Member For: 15y 5m 4d

XA-MONT,

Sounds the good mate, thanks for getting a clip! I am really looking forward to getting my ute. Not sure what sort of visual mods I am going to carry out, except for, a dark tint, rear section of the exhaust and swapping the 19" rims for a set of factory 18"s but I think that will be about it.

Cheers,

Ash.