Warranty Claims

Moose

• Member For: 16y 5m 8d

Hey guys!

If you saw my other thread, you'll know im getting some work done to the F6.

Got a call this morning from the shop saying the follow is stuffed:

An engine mount

Gear box mount

Rear diff bushes

CV Boots

The car is lowered on king springs and Munroe shocks, now has a 4" exhaust, injectors and has been tuned etc. Just wondering how I'll go getting this through warranty? I have kept my servicing up and my log book all checks out, plus I had 18 months new car warranty when I bought my car second hand, and that 18 months is up soon.

Some people have said provided I dont take it back to where I bought it, other Ford dealerships will do warranty on the car as they get paid either way and dont care if the car is modified. I believe the 4 problems that I listed should get covered under warranty, only thing im unsure on is the CV boots, as I think they f*cked out from being low, but I have since raised it.

Any advice or info would be great as I really dont want to have to repalce that stuff out of my own pocket.

Cheers guys!

• Member For: 15y 7m 30d

You play you pay I am sure you knew if you were going to mod the car your ncw would be gone I too think you will struggle to get it done under warranty.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

:stupid:

All they can say is no, but it all depends on the dealership and your relationship with them.

The warranty guys form Ford generally only inspec the more major replacements, so you are in with a chance.

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 18y 4m 20d

Well I got a new auto under warrenty, I had, exed chip, dumped, exhaust. maybe a cooler at the time.

I was lucky but the guy just said we all know how hard you drive this thing, so give us 2 slabs aand will put it under warrenty :stupid:

So it can happen, and ive heard of a few dodgy warrenty jobs floating around so you can only try.

• Member For: 16y 5m 8d
Wear it.

If you can't afford to replace broken bits, you shouldn't have a modified car.

Mate I dont remember where I said im in financial trouble and cant afford to fix my car? Think logically for a second, why should I pay for it all if I can get it from fraud for free - its worth a shot.

Thanks guys, and FYI - the same shop im taking my car to, does work on another F6, complete with turbo upgrade etc etc and our local Ford dealership still does all his warranty.

Edited by Moose

• Member For: 15y 7m 23d
Some people have said provided I dont take it back to where I bought it, other Ford dealerships will do warranty on the car as they get paid either way and dont care if the car is modified. I believe the 4 problems that I listed should get covered under warranty, only thing im unsure on is the CV boots, as I think they f*cked out from being low, but I have since raised it.

The dealers get nothing out of a warranty repair. All they get is a handling fee of $100 or so. Because the repair is at warranty rates not retail.

The dealers would be able to source from other dealers your service history so no matter where you go they can trace it in the network.

Give it a go though