Heater Ticking

• Member For: 15y 9m 27d

'06 XR6T with dual zone climate control has started a very annoying ticking when the climate control is on. Not always but most of the time. Experimenting seems to suggest it is the fan motor.

Anyone had trouble like this & is it a big job to repair/replace?

I'm still under warranty for a couple of months.

Guest newl
  • Guests

Mine does this too. Comes and goes. Hrmm..come to think of it, I haven't heard it in quite a while. Originally thought it was a leaf or something like that. Suppose I should check out the filter one of these days. :nono:

Let us know what you find out.

• Member For: 16y 3m 12d

My fan in my BF MK11 XR6 Turbo does it too!!!... not so much a "ticking noise" more a slight high pitch squeeking noise" that changes tone according to the fan speed... above 30% max fan speed it disapears... GGGRRR!!!

Guest newl
  • Guests

Cleaned my filter out last week. It really needed it too :w00t2:. Was piss easy to do. Drop the glove box, reach in, pull filter tray to the left (you'll see where it says open left, close right), clean it out, reverse to install. Problem solvered. :diggit:

• Member For: 16y 9m 29d

If it's a leaf, hammer the speed of the fan to see if it can be dislodged. Also open and close vents with it on full noise.

fordfreak, this sort of thing has driven VZ Late model camira owners crazy.........may be dry bushes in the fan motor?