Over Boosting

SLVRXRT

• Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Hi Guy’s,

I had a set of atomic valve springs , X-Force front section and also a custom tune done last week. The custom tune was set to run 13psi max.

Driving around last night, I noticed that as soon as you put the boot in, it spike’s to 14psi momentarily then comes back to and holds 13psi all the way.

Is the1 psi spike anything to worry about? It also does it on my 11 psi tune, spikes to 12psi then drops back to 11psi.

• Member For: 17y 6m 6d

That is typical behavior for an internally gated turbo, the tuner SHOULD know this and will have your tune set so that if the fuel system reaches it limit at say 15 psi that your tune will run at say 13 psi. This allows 1 psi for the anticipated boost spike and 1 psi safety margin.

From my experience 14 psi is fine and the fuel system should be able to cope with it no problem, have you changed your fuel filter lately?

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 6m 23d

My 10psi generic tune peaks at 14psi before trailing back (stock injectors too). Had it on a dyno to cheak the a/f and it was fine at all revs. The only problem is, my standard clutch doesn't like the spike and will slip in 4th,5th,6th gears when it comes on boost. I'm sure a 1psi spike will be very safe.

One day I'll get a custom tune... anyone want to sponser me?