Flu Vacination

ETA-60L

• Member For: 17y 1m 12d

I say Yes. I gotten them for the past three years and haven't even got the hint of a cold or flu. Wasn't sick after the needle at all. My Wifes a teacher and before, she brought the flu home from school all the time.

• Member For: 20y 1m 13d

My mother had the flu vaccination a few years ago.... nearly put her in hospital at one stage and she was crook as f*ck for nearly 5 weeks becuase of it.

stuff the vaccination, a snotty nose is nothing to cry about.

• Member For: 18y 3m
I'm pretty sure the vaccination is only for the deadly strains of the flu. it wont protect you from the common cold or anything like that.

as said above the flu is very adaptive, it only has to have a 4 base pair varience in the DNA for the strain to be not affected by the memory 'T' cells (testing my memory here) in the immune system, as they are very specific.

so by having the flu shot you are not immune to all strains, just the deadly one/s.

I have had my flu shot the last few years, and havnt had a bad flu, so I had it again this year, got it last friday, havnt felt ill at all from it and the nurse even gave me a lollipop :blink:

This is what I was lead to believe, it is only to stop the serious side of the flu / cold.

The common cant ever be stopped due to there being so many variations of it appearing so often.

I got pretty crook last year, that's why I was considering getting it.

Don't do it man. You are just putting poison into your body. Vaccination is just big business and alot of the time they just dont work and can make you sick by having it.

Good question for a 23y/o. Check out this website www.mercola.com This Dr used to be pro vacination in his younger years but now is anti. Alot of good info on that site

Wow interesting site.

Thanks for that.

A good read, reccomend this for everyone to have a quick look at, some good articles on there.

Cheers,

Chad.

I pay for my staff to have them and most do.

We have done this for the past 3 years and it has proven very sucessful.

There has been a significant decrease in sick days from my staff. Out of 16 only 2 did not do it last year and one of them is going to do it this year as he got bad flu last year.

It is a personal choice, but not getting flu is good for everyone and it does not make you sick.

I do not see why you want to choose to not get the shot if you are offered it as it does work.

Funnily enough, I have booked my guys in to get there shots done over the next few days, one of the guys has called in sick today with the flu, he was due to get the shot tommorow :blink:

Like you said, it not only affects the person with the flu, but when they come and spread it around, it affects all the co-workers and friends. Not a good thing at all.

Cheers,

Chad.

• Member For: 17y 7m 2d
stuff the vaccination, a snotty nose is nothing to cry about.

If the only symptom of the influenza virus was a snotty nose, do you think anyone would bother making a vaccine for it? Sadly every year thousands of people die from influenza across the world. Is that worht crying about? I suppose it depends if it was a loved one.

I personally used to be against the flu virus. I am a strong young healthy guy, so why bother. Whats more, despite what many people seem to think, it isn't a magic shield that protects you from every ailment going around. It doesn't stop you getting a cold as it that is caused by a completely different pathogen. You may even get the flu after having it because of the high mutation rate of viruses and the fact that you are only vaccinated against on eor two strains of the virus.

It only protects you from the one or two deadly strains that scientists think will be a problem this year. In that regard it is a lottery, because the people involved in the making of the vaccine are making an educated guess about which strains are going to appear in Aus based on what has happened in other parts of the world.

Having said that, I have had the flu shot over the last two years because it was offered free of charge where I work. I know that I may have a reaction from the shot, but also realise that any reaction I do have isn't from the virus itself, but an elergic reaction from something else in the virus. As it turns out, I have had no side effects whatsoever to date.

Edited by craiginmackay

If the only symptom of the influenza virus was a snotty nose, do you think anyone would bother making a vaccine for it? Sadly every year thousands of people die from influenza across the world. Is that worht crying about? I suppose it depends if it was a loved one.

You may even get the flu after having it because of the high mutation rate of viruses and the fact that you are only vaccinated against on eor two strains of the virus.

It only protects you from the one or two deadly strains that scientists think will be a problem this year. In that regard it is a lottery, because the people involved in the making of the vaccine are making an educated guess about which strains are going to appear in Aus based on what has happened in other parts of the world.

Interesting points.

Your very right in saying that it is a lottery with the process they use to manufacture the vaccine, but its the best chance we all have, using all the information, education, statisitcs and data it cant be to harmful for you surely.

It seems that the vaccine is a must for the weak or ederly, people with low immune system and people at high risk of contracting the infection.

For the rest of us its more mere helping agent in prevention of possibly getting exposed to the deadlier side.