Ford Dealers

morningbeers

• Member For: 15y 5m 27d

hi team,

just wondering how you found your ford dealer when buying your xr? I pick up my FG T hopefully by the end of this week and the dealer has been absolute russish. not returning calls, I have to constantly chase them, telling me bullsh1t etc. needless to say I wont be going to them for servicing. anyone had any good experiences or good dealers out there.

cheers, beers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

hi mate get the sido number off your car from the dealer and ring fords head office,and they should be able to tell you when your car maybe ready.Cheers Nick

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 4d

I got my T 2months ago, the dealer was pretty good. Got a a decent deal and a great trade in. Wanted a couple of funny extras which I thought that could be done (xr8 bonnet, colour screen and twin CC only from the lux pack etc) but apparently not. Theres no reason why these things couldnt be done but too much effort for someone somewhere.

Always happy to help had the car ready when I wanted. Went through all the features with me and had the car ready in a quiet spot for me to sit and and work things out without being rushed to drive it off the forecourt. However alittle annoyed at the minimal fuel in the tank.

Got a few things to bring up for the 3000k tire kick so wil see how the service dept works out. The sales guys has also promised a loan car for services. Will see how that works out.

• Member For: 15y 9m 16d

Mine was a second hand BA Turbo, but through a Ford dealer. They were excellent! Was actually shopping for a Territory, which they dropped off at my place and let me have for the weekend with no pressure! And got a pretty good trade in on my POS car too. Only problem was they couldn't tell me if it had a non-standard muffler! Happy to get a few little things fixed straight away (for nix) for me too.

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 22d

I think after buying/prior to delivery for mine I had 6 phone conversations with the dealer. ONE of them was at his instigation.

Mine had to be pre-August 08 build stock (bought it in December) so it wasn't a promise that I'd get one in the colour/spec/options I wanted. I 'bought' it on the Saturday, they said they couldn't start looking for a car in stock for me until my finance guy contacted them on Monday to confirm some details. He did so very early in the morning of course, at my insistence!

Now me, if I've just sold someone a $55k car, I'd ring them pretty soon after the finance guy rings, just to touch base, confirm they've heard from him, and that they'll let me know if/when they find a car for me.

Nup. Nada. And this from a dealer that had a banner on his wall about back-to-back Ford Customer Service awards, or something. Makes you wonder about the competition doesn't it...

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m

Have never had any issues with the last three new Fords that I bought...but that's probably due to the fact if I didn't like the pricks I'd just walk out.

Only complaint about the last one would be an apparent lack of urgency, but otherwise went above and beyond my expectations and has called/emailed a few times since to make sure all is OK.

One thing that is hilarious is walking in to a dealership that doesn’t know you, on a Saturday and old clothes on the way back from Bunnings no bastard will go near you – pop in during the week with a tie on and they are on to you like flies on hot sh*t. :stupid:

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 22d

You mean like the guys that go to the Motor Show dressed in their best shirt and tie in the hope of

a) Getting a second look from the lovely models there, and/or

b) Hoping that they look spiffy enough that someone will let them sit in a Lambo/Ferrari/other car that is behind a barrier