Wsid Saturday 9th Of May

gregor

• Member For: 16y 1m 14d

I've just had an email from WSID about a weekend version of Wednesday night:

The day will be Saturday, May 9. Competitor gates will open at midday, registration and scrutineering from then onwards. Racing will start at 2:00pm and run through to 10:00pm. We’ll run under the Pro tree as recently introduced to these events in an attempt to increase the number of runs per racer within the available time frame. There will be no limit on competitor entry numbers.

Sounds good, if the weather turns out decent ill be there and probably drag a few mates along.

Edit: If it goes well they're looking at doing it quarterly so if you like the idea come race or at least spectate!

Edited by gregor

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 1m 14d

they will be announcing it on the website soon id suggest. I don't have any reason to be taking the piss.

The email came directly to me from John Henman( operations manager at wsid) after I made an enquiry about using a rained out spectator pass as credit for racing and I threw in the suggestion that a day of racing like they used to do on good friday would be good. John responded pretty quickly on monday saying they were already looking into it and by thursday he emailed me with the news above. I can post the email here in full but it wont really help.

Apparently they announced it at wsid on the 8th too but I wasnt there.

Edited by gregor

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d
they will be announcing it on the website soon id suggest. I don't have any reason to be taking the piss.

The email came directly to me from John Henman( operations manager at wsid) after I made an enquiry about using a rained out spectator pass as credit for racing and I threw in the suggestion that a day of racing like they used to do on good friday would be good. John responded pretty quickly on monday saying they were already looking into it and by thursday he emailed me with the news above. I can post the email here in full but it wont really help.

Apparently they announced it at wsid on the 8th too but I wasnt there.

found this on wsid website is confirmed 9th may saturday street meet racing 2pm-10pm

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 11d

im lookin at makin the trek down from newy .. the WSID website says gates open at 12pm for competitors, and its limited to 180 entrants, I am lookin at gettin there just before 12.. should I aim earlier or do they not normally get a massive turnout ?? dont wanna drive 2 hrs just to be a spectator

• Member For: 17y 7m 16d

DEFIANTLY on THIS SATURDAY RACING STARTS FROM 2PM FINISHES 10PM how do I know this for sure? I got turned away along with my mates last night trying to get into race!! the place was at capacity! it was absolutely packed!!! so stayed to watch, I reckon there would of been around 50 holdens there 30 bikes and the rest made up of other cars!! lol o only 3 fords I think!!!

anyone know who own what looked like a yellow ba fpv typhoon with big chromies??