Fordforums Nationals Drag Event.@ Hpr 29th & 30th May 09.

FSIX

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 6m 21d

I tried to run my car on new R spec tyres but I couldnt get any heat in them and didn't want to do a huge burnout to do it. Just bought em and they cost too much too take off so much life so early. The 2 runs I did the back stepped out in 2nd gear and I backed off. Was like ice :rolleyes: Scary stuff. Driving Fsix's car made up for that though :beerchug:

• Member For: 19y 7m 12d

I got a stonking 13.6, my quickest out of 4 runs. I just couldn't get any decent traction in the first 2 gears without backing off heaps.

My first run I almost hit the wall, when I shifted to second I was facing the wall! 22s are not the best to drag with especially when there on 30% but I really wanted to see what the car does in proper street trim.

I'll be back with more boost and MTs next time.

Was heaps of fun though.

• BIGRED
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m
nice work xrdose, always good to crack a p.b.!! U will definitely see 11's next time out with mt's. Can I ask how did the auto go and how did the stally perform?

thanks dude yeh I was really happy with the way the stally worked I could probably have stalled higher than I did but no point as I was just frying tyres anyway.

I ran a PB of 12.85 @ 109mph, but had a dial in of 12.98 and knocked myself out in the 4th round. Figured it was the best way to go out, not getting done all day and taking myself out with a PB. 60fts were crap all day (2.24 - 2.30) PB was 2.03.

XRDOSE, sorry dude I was chatting to you in pre stage, but didn't realise it was you. I would of introduced myself otherwise.. Well done on the PB dude.

Cheers

Rob

haha all good mate thanks and congrats on your PB as well! :blink:

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 8d
I tried to run my car on new R spec tyres but I couldnt get any heat in them and didn't want to do a huge burnout to do it. Just bought em and they cost too much too take off so much life so early. The 2 runs I did the back stepped out in 2nd gear and I backed off. Was like ice :retard: Scary stuff. Driving Fsix's car made up for that though :tonguepoke:

I can't even launch and cut a good 60' with R-comps, with AWD.. Just no good for the drags, as you've found out..

Well done other-wise.

• Member For: 18y 10m 29d

Thanks to the guy's who come for a ripper day out.....89 cars raced, decent sized crowd well done to all who scored a PB and there were plenty of them.

I have posted pics, timeslip and details of my car in the Autotech Sponsors Forum.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 9d

Was a good day out there once I finnally got there had alot of trouble gettin the car on the stupid trailor in the morning so was extremely late got 5 runs in for the day wasnt too happy with them but wat can u do, just wasnt a good day for me at all lol best I got out there was 11.23 and worst was 11.58, 60 footers need more practice best I coud get was 1.78, mph was all over the shop 121mph to 127mph, im prob gonna head down next week to hopefully better the time and get a few more runs in. Thanks Mark for orgainising it prob not easy to organise something like that.

Justin

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Member For: 18y 5m 11d

Nice time Justin :biggrin:

Let me know next time you head down, I'll be in for sure...

• Member For: 16y 10m 9d
Nice time Justin :wub:

Let me know next time you head down, I'll be in for sure...

this coming sunday Jarrod, wanna tow my car with your work ute :biggrin: my poor Expensive Daewoo struggled lol