Wsid 8/4/09

jimmy1234

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d

what a top night I had my bf xr6t there im sure I spoke to jimmy (do you own the white typoon) you would have seen my car IH8HSV best run of the night was a 12.4 @ 113mph I had a slight problem with my tune cutting out in third gear at 3500rpm soon to be sorted was a big turn out by the ford boys

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 22d

Well done Jimmy, the car looked like it was doing it pretty easy!! ... It still has a bit more off the line so you should be able to do a low 1.9sec 60 footer, so I recon an 11.5 sec pass is on the cards on those old Dunlops. Then go for a set of MT ET Streets on the rear and you should run a low 11 sec pass if not snealk into the 10s bracket.

Bad Luck Rob, I guess whatever CVs survive your launches will be a good choice for the rest of us. Is the rear end tramping when you are launching? What rear spring and shock combo are you running on the rear?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 28d

Senna. Mate you should have come said hello. That sleeper look is also helped by 4 weeks with out a wash.

IH8HSV, Yeah that was me in one of the white typhoons. There were 2 white Rspecs, the other one ran 11.8 @ 121 I think.

I never really set any goals with the car but now I have 1. I want to get a 1.9 60' on the trusty dunlops, with that should come a 11.5 or close to.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

Bad Luck Rob, I guess whatever CVs survive your launches will be a good choice for the rest of us. Is the rear end tramping when you are launching? What rear spring and shock combo are you running on the rear?

[/quote

My next set will have to be better. This was the 5th one to let go since September.

I wasn't doing much of a burnout or high revving launches in a bid to prevent axle tramp. I'd dip the clutch at the first sign of it. It wasn't tramping when it broke.

The rear end setup is my down fall, good old SSL King springs and standard shocks aint much of a combo for the strip.

BTW your car wasn't doing you any favours sitting in the car park!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 27d

any1 see my blueprint xr in the carpark near the toilets with green P's on it? hehe

OHH and btw did any1 see the maroon cortina turbo there that was for sale, check it out on carsales, wants $35000 4 it

Edited by XR64LT

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d
Senna. Mate you should have come said hello. That sleeper look is also helped by 4 weeks with out a wash.

IH8HSV, Yeah that was me in one of the white typhoons. There were 2 white Rspecs, the other one ran 11.8 @ 121 I think.

I never really set any goals with the car but now I have 1. I want to get a 1.9 60' on the trusty dunlops, with that should come a 11.5 or close to.

Yeah that was pauls with the APS kit. He had it installed that day and straight from autotech to the strip where they managed to pull off the 11.8. Wasnt too bad. Just need practice

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d
fairy sure this is ih8hsv 12.4 @ 113, let me know if it's labeled wrong,

that's correct not labeled wrong funny to watch I let the ricer go half track and still caught up lol