Had The Pedders Exreme A Coilovers Fitted To My Fg

bloosted

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

Depends how low you go mate! Front I wouldn't worry about, just shim up the brackets that come in the car. As for the rear you should be able to drop an inch or so and end up with neg 1 degree of camber (give or take), which isn't much to worry about. Being coilovers though its not hard to just lower till you get camber, see how it goes after they settle. Then if you want to go lower and worried about camber then get the adjustable upper control arms

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d

I put that down to properly adjusted shock lengths P@ If you where to fit them out of the box the rear shocks would blow out in the space of a week.

The 4 or 5 blown front shocks I have seen have all been fitted to cars that are very low and have had the ride height adjusted via the spring seat instead of the base height.adjuster.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 13d

You're right Luke, that is more than likely the issue. The problem I have is that Pedders stores themselves are installing these things incorrectly too!

Longevity would be my main concern with them though. Knowing the oil capacity and (old kits admittedly) the quality of the seals, I would be surprised if a daily driven car lasted much longer than 18 months.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d

Agree, luckily for me mine are gen2's and I also wouldn't trust my local pedders to fit new shoe laces!

Don't spose you'd know the nitrogen precharge in them? (or a rough guess as to what it might be?)

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 13d

No, not sure - I dare say it gets a quick squirt and off they go.

Last time I saw a cut away it had a Nitrogen section that was about 3/4 of an inch deep, compared to around 4 inches of oil tube. Another half inch of that oil tube was taken up by the piston.