Had The Pedders Exreme A Coilovers Fitted To My Fg

bloosted

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 21d

might of just been the first series but what a hunk of junk it was asif u would release an item that was so crap anyway leaves a bad taste in ya mouth

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 8m 23d

The first series were very different.

I've had the XA's for over 30k on my F6 and I think they are great, I also used the same type in my previous car without any issues.

I have heard bad things about these but so far I'm happy with them, I did recently raise the height and must add that the whole car has been transformed (better). I think alot of people are trying to run these too low.

Agreed 100%.....Ive had mine for 35000kms now with no dramas at all....

The only time Ive seen others have drama is when they haven't been set up right.....and that'll happen regardless of the brand..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 6m 25d

Im looking at getting these in my BA XR6T very soon aswell, and I have also heard that when people start seeing drama is when they try and run them on the lowest setting for extended periods of time

Has anyone gone coilovers then swaybars? Im curious if after installing coilovers with the improvement they allow you to see will the swaybars still make a big difference?

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I have Teins and have tried stiffer bars on both ends. And at each end.

Found it is nicest with the std bars. Or I use the 23mm rear on the softest setting @ the track. And only at the track. On the road the std bars work a treat with the high spring rate of the Teins.

The Peddars I think are about 12pd softer, which would make them perfect for the road and maybe a few track days a year. All depends if you are normal and just want to have fun or think your some sort of champ and are pushing for the .00001th of a second.

I've had the Teins on for fifty thou now. Just had them out and checked them and all the bushes on my 60 thou service.

Fifty thou and the Superpro's are stil like new. I thought I might get stuff all time out of the poly's but they are brilliant. Mine has done a lot of track days and heaps of dirt road use. And is a company car five days a week. It got it's first wash in almost twleve months on the weekend. Well that was the out of date on the iced breaka bottles I threw out. lol poor thing.

The creaking is the poly bushes moving and settling in. Mine did it at first. Then I went nuts with the supergoop and it has not done it since. I also clean out under my car with a gurney so a good testament to the supergoop

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d

I would stick with std bars with the Pedders. I have a 31mm front bar and the ride at time is harsh, I have been contemplation trying a standard bar as I think it would improve the front end. Its quite easy too get the front end too push with th 31mm bar.

XR09 im 99% sure the Pedders are 11kg front and 8kg rear. Im also about 75% sure the "standard" Tiens SS springs are 13kg fron and 11kg rear? Its quite a differance but IMHO Pedders got the rates right for the street.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 26d

Isn't trainer having drama with the pedders coilovers at the moment? I'd be looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 20d

Still have to go back dillz, but I am yet to find out whether I have the heavy duty springs in the rear or not, as the gas system has caused it to drop. I am still not convinced it is setup properly either as I think I am getting some bump stop knocking.