The Other Car

Guest DZ.

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

Well, on a completely unrelated topic I officially have no idea of what to replace my wife's car with - not that it matters at this point in time as it's still a few years away. Nissan have released the pricing on the 350Z and at $60K that's a lot more than I want to pay for it. I think Nissan are going to leave themselves with a very large hole in their Australian line up given the demise of the 200SX.

Here's hoping they do actually develop a replacement Silvia in a few years time.

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 7d

Give her the BA XR6T series 1 in a couple of years and move up to the improved,refined,more powerful BA series 2,3.....and you'll probably save a few bucks too. And she can't say she doesn't like it 'cause she chose the colour if I recall :lol:

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

There's a thought - save me a few dollars as well :D

I think she likes her two door slinky coupes though :( Oh well, at least I talked her out of the Monaro!

• Member For: 21y 11m 29d

Hey DZ., have you seen the Hyundai Copen car? There was an article about it in the Cars section of one of the Sydney Sunday papers today (can't remember which paper sorry). Little convertible 660cc turbocharged coupe, looks like a great fun car, maybe worth looking at if it comes out :)

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

I saw a picture of it on the net somewhere - it did look pretty cool but my wife is a red head with English skin so I tend to rule out convertables on the fact that she'd never have the roof down :D

Anyway, we need at least 4 seats in any car because of the kids, with potentially another one on the way - As it is if we have another baby I think I'll end up swapping the XR6T (which I should have by the time we have one) with the 200SX for a few months because the capsule won't fit in the back. :(

• Lifetime Members
As it is if we have another baby I think I'll end up swapping the XR6T (which I should have by the time we have one) with the 200SX for a few months because the capsule won't fit in the back. :(

Now theres a good reason for getting the snip!

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

Then again, I can't really complain too much if I have an XR6T and an S15 200SX in the garage :unsure:

No more kids after the next one - 2.4 is enough! Anyone know what the base of a baby capsule is likely to do to a leather seat?

• Lifetime Members

Well the baby seat made a lasting impression in my VT so theres NO WAY it's going on the leather when my new baby (the car :lol: ) arrives. I suggest that you have a very thick blanket under it. Most damage occured wher the belt went over the back of the seat, compressed it a lot. Can't see how to avoid it with a parcel shelf fixing point :rolleyes:

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

I found it did the same thing in my VT, although the impressions have finally come out. I'm thinking a blanket will be the go to protech the seat - from the baby seat and baby spew.

Suppose I need to get the car first!

I think all cars come with parcel shelf mounting points - even the 200SX has one (you just can't sit a baby seat on the back seat properly because it's moulded).

• Lifetime Members
I think all cars come with parcel shelf mounting points

My missus Daewoo wagon has a mount in the roof above rear door....but Daewoo's don't really count as cars do they :lol: :lol: