Xforce Exhaust Thread

THEMESHMAN260

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 3d

You need to trim the bracket for the heatshield. If you take it off you can cook your power steering fluid line, so just cut off the 1 mount that's rubbing (not the heat shielding) :blink:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m
Thanks for the heads up, yea I will get my account set up so there are some more details in it. I am in the eastern suburbs, I have heard pit lane performance is great. I suppose its not that far, and they will also be able to tune my car also. I will give Hillside Exhaust a call see what they can do for me

you know workshops like pitlane are also able to install exhaust systems, why not just get them to do it all. Save having to mess around with 2 different shops

• Loves boost
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 2d

Yea I know they do, I reckon I will get it all done at pit lane. I will post how it all goes

How much have you guys paid for a custom tune?

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 8d

Send 'ratter' a PM on this forum. He's the owner of Pit Lane and will answer all your questions.

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 10m 4d
how did you go fitting the dump pipe yourself, did you find that it pressed up against the steering coloumn shield heaps and it was a very tight fit? Are you getting much rattling or rubbing noise? mine has made my steering stiffer. I did mine myself too.

im thinking of ripping out that steering shield thing

it was a pain in the arse that's for sure.

I just removed that little shield that was in the way, and I get no rattle or rubbing of any kind..

• Member For: 19y 3m 20d

If I had my time again I would stay as far away from exforce as possible. Got the exhaust for $1550 and then it cost me another $1000 to get it fitted. They had to reweld the joints and re shape it to get it to fit without hitting the bottom of the car. Probably didn't need to go to those extremes but every time it got really hot the stainless would expand and hit on something. I would have bought the APS system or a Rapid system if I knew the install cost.

Russ

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 17d

I've got 2 heat shields sitting around in the garage, a mechanic that pulled the engine out didn't bother to put then back on and I never got around to it either. It's been like that for 2 years now but no obvious damage to anything yet.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 11d

No matter what people say about them, these systems are excellent value for money. The CAT's hold together, the systems fit as well as any other off the shelf system, they flow well and sound decent too. If there's better value for money out there I haven't seen it yet.

NOT SURE ABOUT THE CATS HOLDING TOGETHER BUT THE REST OF THE SYSTEM IS PRETTY GOOD..

THIS IS WHATS LEFT OF MY X-FORCE CAT..