Xforce Exhaust Thread

THEMESHMAN260

• Member For: 16y 9m 17d
I had an SMB dump and cat on my old ute and was not impressed at all

what made you not impressed with the SMB dump and cat? fitment or performance?

I had the impression that SMB was great gear as its the only dump to stay 4" diameter and not taper off to 3 1/2" like all the others

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 8d
what made you not impressed with the SMB dump and cat? fitment or performance?

I had the impression that SMB was great gear as its the only dump to stay 4" diameter and not taper off to 3 1/2" like all the others

In regards to the dump pipe mine did not fit well at all. There was clearance issues against the block, heat shields and steering. Maybe I was just unlucky.

I was extremely disppointed with the cat. It lasted 12 months before it collapsed and had to be gutted. I've heard of plenty of them failing.

Considering the price of the SMB gear I expected it to fit a lot better and last a lot longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Loves boost
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 2d

Guys,

I am a new member on this forum, just wanted to say there is a whole lot of great information here. I have a BA MKII XR6 Turbo, performance wise it is still a stocker.

I rang a place today to get a price for a full turbo back stainless xforce system. See link below.

xForce Exhaust System

As you can see the price on the site is $1550.00.

I got quoted just under $2800.00 installed for it, which I though was a bit high. The guy said that the best mufflers price is impossible and that is must not be stainless, I checked with best mufflers and it is in fact all stainless.

Does anyone have this same setup? what do you think of if? where would you recommend I go to get it fitted and tuned?

I am in Melbourne.

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d

hey mate, I bought my full S/S exhaust from best mufflers ( 4inch dump,3.5inch cat,single 3.5inch rest of the way) pretty sure it was $1600 delivered, besides it hanging a bit too low im really happy with it, sounds good not too loud but loud enough and will support 400rwkw easy, IMO its great value for money, I had mine fitted and tuned by CV performance

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 10m 4d

can I ask where the $2800 quote was from?

I got quoted that from Autobarn for supply only, and I when I told him that I could get one for half that he said "are you sure its genuine XForce?"

install shouldnt cost you any more than $200-250.... I did mine myself though...

Edited by Mr Man