Xforce Exhaust Thread

THEMESHMAN260

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 9d

Not too loud with the right sized mufflers.

My XForce system (twin 2.5") sounded sporty yet very good at cruise speed and around town, without drone inside the cabin.

Here’s a video clip of the exhaust sound, with my son driving.

I ran a 11.0 sec pass with that system.

I now run the Tunehouse combination 4"/3.5" combo (half the system 4", smoothly tapering into 3.5", and 5" cat) for better torque and a lot more top end power, and with large mufflers it's probably a bit quieter and with deeper sound.

I doubt there'd be much difference in sound between the xforce 3.5" single system and dual 2.5", assuming the same mufflers are used.

Brian

• Member For: 16y 4m 24d

Thanks for the info Brian....

I've actually gone down the tunehouse exhaust path myself now.... Just thinking of upgrading to the 5" cat though... Might as well do it right the first time.....

Brian, have you ported your wastegate and changed to a 12psi actuator?

Jim hasnt mentioned the need to as yet... But thinking of just doing it all in one hit..... I'm looking for around 330rwkw...... Mods will be PW Stage 1 cooler with upgraded pipework, F6 CAI, tunehouse exhaust, PW surge tank, Nizpro injectors......

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 15y 9m 11d

Hi Guys

I have recently changed my exhaust to a 3.5inch with 4inch dump pipe X force exhaust, since I have changed this it's been chocking when I put my foot down n wont take off, is this because I have not yet got the custom tune or could there be something else wrong with this.

An exhaust place once told me that if I put the exhaust on without getting a tune it could blow up, wasn't sure if he was saying this coz I'm a girl or not.

Please leave comment's.

Thanks Guys :bowdown:

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 27d

As most people have dump pipes and not extractors on this site you may find answers a bit thin on the ground.

• disgruntled member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 13d

I think you will find that most ppl use the pacemakers dude, they are tryed n tested (not to mention they look cool)

you could always go for the xforce ones, it would be an interesting comparison

• Member For: 15y 8m 3d

Ooh first post :blush:.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering about exhaust systems and after seeing how many people have Xforce systems, I thought I'd have a hunt for one of those.

What I'm looking for is a loud exhaust (I'm very into the needless noise) that definitely doesn't have a horrible drone. Reading some posts I see that just removing the centre muffler gives you a meaty sound, but I would much prefer a new turbo-back stainless exhaust.

I found this one on eBay, for those of you that may have it, what does it sound and perform like?

XFORCE 3.5 INCH TURBO BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH 4" DUMP PIPE AND 3.5" HI FLOW METAL CAT

8ef8_1.jpg

"http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FALCON-BA-BF-XR6-TURBO-UTE-3-5-XFORCE-EXHAUST-XR6T_W0QQitemZ110349813059QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item110349813059&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318"

Also what other systems has anyone found that have a loud mean sound? What would you recommend?

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 16d

mate trust me, dont get an x force. go to scotts rods and get a full custom mild steel system. stainless sounds crap and tinny and is sooo thin. they are poorly made and welded. and I know cos I have 1. he does the best dam custom mild steel sys u will get ;)