Xforce Exhaust Thread

THEMESHMAN260

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d

The Orion GT may get the same butterfly valve so it can pass noise regs but still flow enough for 320kw

• Member For: 17y 8m 20d

ok so I finally got my xforce system fitted after having to wait about 6weeks for it to arrive, for my 07 BF turbo ute. Its a 4in dump into 5in cat into twin 2.5 system with 2 straight thru mufflers.

first of all, ford seems to have changed the mounting of thier exhaust from BA to BF both utes and sedans. The BF`s do not have the bracket off the gearbox to hold the exhaust system like the BA does. So, my new system has no support in the center. The dump bolts to the turbo, and then it just hangs unsupported all the way back to the muffler where the first rubber hanger is.

ive contacted ford, and we have ordered a bracket from the BA to fit to my BF to match up with the prong provided on the xforce so we can give some support as im concerned with the load/weight its putting on the turbo and potential to develop leaks/cracks etc.

I had no idea that this was going to an issue so I thought id share... xforce as far as im aware, only make one system for both BA and BF? anyone else find the same?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 1d

You definatly want some support there, Ive seen manifolds and exhaust housings cracked from this kind of thing... good idea to get the BA bracket on

• Member For: 17y 8m 20d

ill get the part number for ya when I pick up the part. its the same problem for utes and sedans as far as im aware, so yes you will need the bracket if you have a BF. it was around the $60-70 mark.

Edited by groper

• Member For: 17y 2m 20d
The principle is interesting, would need to adapt the idea to a different muffler design for our cars I'd imagine.

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I saw something like this on ebay yesterday, From what I can deduce the system consists of 2 mufflers mounted side by side with a crossover between them, one of the mufflers has an electronic butterfly in the body.

When the butterfly is closed all the exhaust gass is forced to flow through the one muffler when it is open it flows through both mufflers for less restriction (apparently variable too). At a glance it looks like it would be compatable with your XR6T's, however Unless there was a 3" version I couldent see a notable performance gain ;)

I'm not to sure if I can post the link, so just go to ebay and type in "Powerpro TWIN EEVC fully adjustable performance exhaust", or anny 2 of the above words should do it.

I have been using this forum to do bit of research on the xr6T's, Lots of info (info overload) here, so yep. Thumbs up too all those contributing members. I Just have to wait untill a 6spd manual ute comes up for sale in my price range.

Luke

• Member For: 17y 2m 20d
how about mounting a valve on the side of your dump pipe before the cat and run a bolt on bolt off side pipe with no cat no muffler :spoton:

If you use Ebay chec out this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electric-Ex...sspagenameZWD2V

An electronic exhaust cutout, I plan to put one on my XR6T (if I ever get one) and dump straight into the atmosphere. Futhermore coupled with jaycar's "quickbrake" kit It can be activated with a quick blip of the throttle (connects to the TPS). The quickbrake kit was originally designed to tun on your brakelights when you quickly back off the throttle. the kit can also be wired up (instruction included) to work when the throttle is opened fast.

With the jaycar box you also can adjust the sensitivity of the unit along with the duration its open for. Or you could just use a switch, but that's boring.

I'm planning on putting mine directly after a high flow cat (for off road use only ;) ). I rekon you might have tuning troubles if you put it before the cat because of the oxygen sensor, being so close to atmo. Having said that if you had 2 seperate tunes, one for open one for closed it could work. But then whats the point of having an alectronic cutout you might as well have a block off plate. But hey I have been wrong before.

I can't see anny reason why the muffler in my previous post can't be run in a similar way (off the TPS).