Xforce Exhaust Thread

THEMESHMAN260

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 20d
I had one on my car during the exhaust testing phase, it is VERY loud.....for me to say that its gotta be loud as mine by is made up of loud bits lol .... but all agree'd that it sounded like crap on the car.

The screamer pipe itself sounded like crap?

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d
I had one on my car during the exhaust testing phase, it is VERY loud.....for me to say that its gotta be loud as mine by is made up of loud bits lol .... but all agree'd that it sounded like crap on the car.

The screamer pipe itself sounded like crap?

Yeah it sounded like crap ......everybody that heard it agreed with me ..... to be honest, it got to the point where I was embarrased to give it a squirt cause it sounded that bad .... needless to say, it didnt last long on my car.

• role model
  • Member For: 18y 7m 11d

I love the sound of the screamer pipe and what to get one put on

but I dont exactly know what it looks like is it jsut a pipe of the turbo with a pod at the end?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 2d

The screamer is just a seperate pipe for the wastegate gases it joins back to the main exhaust just before the cat. I have both and the difference is you can here the turbo spooling with the 4 inch and a weird humm when your in between boost and vacuum. Cannot tell any difference between the stock sound with the screamer and 3 /1/2 inch dump

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d
The screamer is just a seperate pipe for the wastegate gases it joins back to the main exhaust just before the cat.  I have both and the difference is you can here the turbo spooling with the 4 inch and a weird humm when your in between boost and vacuum.  Cannot tell any difference between the stock sound with the screamer and 3 /1/2 inch dump

Did you say joins back in ???

Technically speaking....or should I say in ricer terms, a screamer pipe does not join back into the system, hence the term screamer. When you hit boost the car literally screams. Very illegal and if not done correctly (ie, if you dont seal between the 2 sections correctly, seeing as though we have internal wastegates) it will sound crap.

This is one of the problems we had, getting a good seal was difficult, which means on idle, you could pick up a touch of an exhaust leak sound.

Personally, I love the sound out of my car (the fact that its loud).....with a quad system (only 1 muffler), straight cut gears, blow off valve, noisy fuel pump etc, I think its in the top 10 of XR's in terms of noise LOL ... however, with this being said, the screamer was just wrong .... the sound that it made...... no words..... loud doesnt cover it .... nor does LOUD!!!!. This thing was deafining with a horrible note. It lasted a couple days on my car for testing then came off (my point here is that I like noisy cars, but not with the screamer)

Out of curiosity, has anybody ever tried putting a screamer on their car and what did you think??? (PS, not refering to a split dump pipe that flow back into the system).

Black Thunder, ill send you some pics as requested of the pod setup, I just have to take some for you mate.

Edited by XR6ISM

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 10m 9d

It wont bolt straight up.....Xforce dump has a 3 bolt flange and the APS cat has a 4 bolt flange, exhaust shop can modify to suit

Edited by F6BF

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 8m 20d

reecieved the new xforce 4inch dump and 5inch cat today, but was a little dissappointed... the pipe diameter is 4 inches or 100mm but at the flanges it reduces down to 85mm ID. even the 120mm cat is reduced down to 85mm at the flange.... whats the go?