Xforce Exhaust Thread

THEMESHMAN260

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m

What power are you chasing? The wastegate and actuator mod is generally to control boost better. I was running 330rwkw without dramas on my standard turbo with the split dump and 3.5in system, also had rapids intercooler kit with the 4in intake. It did take the tuner a little longer to get it more stable though.

I am now getting the housing flowed and ported slightly as I'm keeping the standard flapper on and will prob use an actuator off the FG turbos.

• Donating Members

I would not bother modding the turbo with the low boost you will be running, there should be no problems controlling boost at all.

Edited by bjc

• Member For: 14y 10m 20d

ok cool. I mostly want the aftermarket dump so it will reach where my aftermatket cat and exhaust starts so I dont have to hack up the stock xr6t exhaust so the factory dump reaches to where I need.. should spool a bit quicker too with the 3.5" split

Edited by matt47569

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 3m 22d

What is the max power u can squeeze out of the 4" dump into 3.5" straight system before creating too much back pressure? Can you c it over 400rwkw? Also has any one had any experiences with the Tunehouse sytem?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 16d

That sized exhaust set-up will flow over 400rwkw. As to back pressure, that can be tweaked by a different cat. An e85 set-up would be nice as well as far as making over 400rwkw.

XForce cats have had problems and fitment is an issue, as with any off-the-shelf exhaust. My XForce split dump and 3.5inch set-up needed some tweaking to get it right. A crow bar, drill and grinder was needed to get it to fit nicely. But it worked nice. No bangs and good consistent power, until the cat collapsed recently. It ended up sitting in the rear muffler where it managed to cause a little extra back pressure :) I heard it get blown from it's casing and lodge in the rear muffler one night whilst giving it a little throttle.

I haven't seen a Tunehouse exhaust in the flesh but the word on the street (sesame) is dey is da shizzle. Cookie monster told me so.

That's where something like the Tunehouse setup would be better I'd say. Fitment, flow and quality. :3gears:

Edited by straughsberry

• Banned

Thanks for that sraughberry. I was lucky and didn't have any fitttment issues with it and the cat has held out so far. I just don't want to put the new engine in and have it on the dyno to find out the exhaust cannot flow anymore now past say 400rwkw.

• Donating Members

If you have the twin tip for this exhaust it is restricitve, I gained 2psi straight up changing to a single straight through muffler. This advice was given to me by Dave (blueboost) and proved right.

Search my posts and you'll find pics of it internally at the back the twin tips taper into small diameters!

• Banned

Hey BJC. I had heard that this was a restricition on this system. What muffler did you end up using? Obviously it is a custom job. Any idea on the brand of muffler u used? Is it stainless? What kind of KW are u now supporting with that system?